Quantcast
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will release Worldwide March 3 2020; New Trailer!

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will release Worldwide March 3 2020; New Trailer!

AbbathTheGrim said:
JamesGarret said:

They´ll probably show her at their conference tonight.

There could be more? Nice.

Yeah, tonight would have been Sony´s conference, but since they´re not going Square will take their place, with a heavy focus on FF7...it has to be tonight where Tifa will be shown.

Also rumored is a remaster of FF8. 



Around the Network
0D0 said:
Xxain said:

Crisis Core 2.0

I am totally shocked at why this is even topic still. It showed large amounts pf gameplay btw.

Then I missed it. Can you help me sharing the links?

All the videos I've seen didn't show a full battle gameplay taking place to check out in detail.

This video in the opening tag with a time stamp. Slow it down to 50%. Then realise there is no strategy in FF7Remake. Just botton mash until win. Just like we always wanted.

https://youtu.be/aTCmN8TtkgQ?t=11



Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
0D0 said:

Then I missed it. Can you help me sharing the links?

All the videos I've seen didn't show a full battle gameplay taking place to check out in detail.

This video in the opening tag with a time stamp. Slow it down to 50%. Then realise there is no strategy in FF7Remake. Just botton mash until win. Just like we always wanted.

https://youtu.be/aTCmN8TtkgQ?t=11

Oh no!

Really?

I was expecting at least some sort of Xenoblade thing.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


twintail said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
Cool, episode 1 is only about Midgar it seems, huh? When will episode 2 come?

2021

And episode 3? Inb4 FFVIIR have 5 parts in total

HollyGamer said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
Cool, episode 1 is only about Midgar it seems, huh? When will episode 2 come?

recent leak said it will be 2 chapter , adn first chapter will be until Aerith death. 

That leak could be wrong, i want to see the proof



HoangNhatAnh said:
twintail said:

2021

And episode 3? Inb4 FFVIIR have 5 parts in total

HollyGamer said:

recent leak said it will be 2 chapter , adn first chapter will be until Aerith death. 

That leak could be wrong, i want to see the proof

never, its being cancelled after 2



Around the Network
0D0 said:

Oh no!

Really?

I was expecting at least some sort of Xenoblade thing.

I heard rumours of FF12 style combat, it's similar right? Eitherway, 'Punisher Move', 'Attack' and then Circle to open a command menu doesn't scream 'use clever tactics and ATB to beat the enemy'.

There may be more but we've yet to be shown it.



Hmm, pie.

this night... a big new trailer with many infos, i hope!!!



Death Stranding, PS4-Release: November 8! The Last of Us 2, February 21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvG-EpPoCCA


JamesGarret said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

There could be more? Nice.

Yeah, tonight would have been Sony´s conference, but since they´re not going Square will take their place, with a heavy focus on FF7...it has to be tonight where Tifa will be shown.

Also rumored is a remaster of FF8. 

I also want FF8 remake



I've gotten less and less excited for this the more and more I've seen of it, and that's because of the gameplay. Square clearly has come to feel that turn-based combat no longer has any place in Final Fantasy, even in a remake of a turn-based game. While I grudgingly accept that it has become the norm in the genre (which is why I hardly play newer RPGs, as turn-based is close to dead these days aside from some obvious throwbacks like Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest), it still annoys me that a 22-year-old classic, the most successful game in the most successful JRPG series ever, had to be so drastically overhauled in how it plays. Sure, it has the characters and setting of FFVII, but it's not really FFVII to me. When this was first announced, I was just hoping for FFVII with a fresh new coat of high-fidelity paint, not an entirely new game with the same story. Did Square feel that nobody would buy FFVIIR if it wasn't an action-based button-mashing hack-and-slash game, and that all the millions of gamers who played the original version secretly hated its turn-based combat?

I really hope this game retains some aspect of turn-based combat, even if only as an option. I've never really cared for action RPGs. The fast pace and the fact that I can usually only control one character and that the rest of the party is controlled by AI always bugged me. I liked how in old-school JRPGs from the 90s I had a party of characters with their own unique class and corresponding set of abilities, and that I had to methodically select from a list of actions for each character as their turn came up and make the best of their unique abilities. Those older games were clearly influenced by turn-based tabletop RPGs like D&D, just translated to a single-player video game. Action-based RPGs just feel like a beat-'em-up with with some RPG mechanics tacked on.



The Fury said:
0D0 said:

This video in the opening tag with a time stamp. Slow it down to 50%. Then realise there is no strategy in FF7Remake. Just botton mash until win. Just like we always wanted.

https://youtu.be/aTCmN8TtkgQ?t=11

This is literally the gameplay recipe of every JRPG ever, 95% of the time.