Quantcast
FF7Remake + Sony Exclusivity + Next Gen PS5 + Episodic Nature + Game Progress

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7Remake + Sony Exclusivity + Next Gen PS5 + Episodic Nature + Game Progress

TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

They're doing it with FFXIV Online, which I think would be preferable, for example each FFXIV expansion is a full game, but you can't advance to the new one without having the prior expansion complete, because it's all one continuing story. And, yes everything is carried over.

That would be a disastrous idea....

It's not an idea, it's something that is actually working, and it seems to be doing good for one of the most popular MMORPG's on the market, not to mention it's SE cashcow.

Who knows really this is SE, so throw logic away because they just might do it exactly like FFXIII where each game is different and all you get is a reminisce option in the main menu. I say pray or hope they take the FFXIV Online route.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 14 May 2019

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

They're doing it with FFXIV Online, which I think would be preferable, for example each FFXIV expansion is a full game, but you can't advance to the new one without having the prior expansion complete, because it's all one continuing story. And, yes everything is carried over.

That would be a disastrous idea....

Nonsense. Who in their right mind would want to experience FF VII starting from part 2 or 3?

That being said, if they do allow people to play from part 2 or 3 without having experienced the earlier parts, I would assume they’d have you start with characters at levels proportionate to what they’d be if you had done part 1 or 2.

But there is absolutely nothing preventing them from implementing a system where you carry over your save file from one part to the next.

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 May 2019

  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
How many Times they need to say its two or three full separed games like ff13? 10?20? 100?

Add a bit: Full game but not full story like the original though

deskpro2k3 said:
I think people are making a mistake by saying "episodic" because they're thinking about a telltale game. SE said it's a multi-part game, and each part will be a full game. Just from that it sounds like a FFXIII 3 part trilogy, with each part having a different name.

Just a reminder: Episode, part, season or whatever, still the full story of the original is separated into at least 3 games

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 15 May 2019

HoangNhatAnh said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
How many Times they need to say its two or three full separed games like ff13? 10?20? 100?

Add a bit: Full game but not full story like the original though

deskpro2k3 said:
I think people are making a mistake by saying "episodic" because they're thinking about a telltale game. SE said it's a multi-part game, and each part will be a full game. Just from that it sounds like a FFXIII 3 part trilogy, with each part having a different name.

Just a remind: Episode, part, season or whatever, still the full story of the original is separated into at least 3 games

FYI: You're getting more story than the original.

PS: I prefer more story.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 14 May 2019

zero129 said:

No new links just common sense + the fact SE has now released every FF game on PC.

ha this reminds me of the good old days when people used to say that FFvsXIII wouldnt end up on anything but PS3, and i used to say just you wait and see it will be renamed FF15 and be multi plat.

and even after SE pretty much released the whole FF series on PC people where still like "It will never get the newer FF games such as FF15". When i pointed out how it would be stupid of them not to port FF15 to steam after releasing the rest of the series on it, people where like "Where is the proof?", "did SE Confirm FF15 is going to come to steam?, last i heard was tabata said he would like it on PC but nothing confirmed" and "Well even if they do port it it will take years, look how long it took for FF13 to reach steam" and i said the same thing then im saying now, Common sense is the conformation.

I expect this to be the same as FF15, concentrate on the PS4 version first once thats released a year later, Maybe sooner this time FF7remake will be on pc.

I've always bet that FF7R is going to hit at the very least PC and Xbox. I even expect a "Complete Edition" or something to be issued for pretty much all next gen consoles down the line.

But I can't make a thread title claiming this game is coming to all those platforms simply on a "it's common sense" argument. When I have a source to quote saying this game officially comes to those platforms, I will add it.

Personally I hope it does come to PC. I can imagine a lot of cool mods done to this game by passionate and nostalgic gamers. :D

The Fury said:

Indeed but it is what I fear about the game, in exchange for 'coolness' and 'more Sephiroth' we'll lose the more intricate details of the story, gameplay and battle system. I hope for great thing but 3 games instead of 1 already ruins that.

The loss of the battle system is a given, but I still hope the new one will be cool. If they release a gameplay trailer without bits and pieces put together with battle highlights as was done in the latest trailer we may have a better idea of what is coming.

Maybe as some people have said here, the fact that they must create so much content for each episode will force them to not only keep those themes, dialogue and details but even expand upon them. My fear is that we will get the FFVII experience in a "first 10 or 11 missions of FFXIII" package. I don't want something streamlined for this remake, like the equivalent to a park attraction ride of FF7.

And as a the video you mentioned says, I think we all agree we want to be proven wrong about all our fears concerning this remake.



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
zero129 said:

No new links just common sense + the fact SE has now released every FF game on PC.

ha this reminds me of the good old days when people used to say that FFvsXIII wouldnt end up on anything but PS3, and i used to say just you wait and see it will be renamed FF15 and be multi plat.

and even after SE pretty much released the whole FF series on PC people where still like "It will never get the newer FF games such as FF15". When i pointed out how it would be stupid of them not to port FF15 to steam after releasing the rest of the series on it, people where like "Where is the proof?", "did SE Confirm FF15 is going to come to steam?, last i heard was tabata said he would like it on PC but nothing confirmed" and "Well even if they do port it it will take years, look how long it took for FF13 to reach steam" and i said the same thing then im saying now, Common sense is the conformation.

I expect this to be the same as FF15, concentrate on the PS4 version first once thats released a year later, Maybe sooner this time FF7remake will be on pc.

I've always bet that FF7R is going to hit at the very least PC and Xbox. I even expect a "Complete Edition" or something to be issued for pretty much all next gen consoles down the line.

But I can't make a thread title claiming this game is coming to all those platforms simply on a "it's common sense" argument. When I have a source to quote saying this game officially comes to those platforms, I will add it.

Well, the original trailer say "first on PS4", and when it was revealed Adam Boyes said the exact same thing on stage at E3.

This is after knowing that FF15, KH3 and FFType0 (released at this point) were multiplatform titles.



deskpro2k3 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Add a bit: Full game but not full story like the original though

Just a remind: Episode, part, season or whatever, still the full story of the original is separated into at least 3 games

FYI: You're getting more story than the original.

PS: I prefer more story.

Only if the extra story is good, if it become like XIII confusing story or XV lackluster story then, well,... 



deskpro2k3 said:


FYI: You're getting more story than the original.

PS: I prefer more story.

Final Fantasy VII is perfect how it is. It sold 10 million copies on story alone. It doesn't need Square Enix's bullshit"well here's what I would change/add"

Leave it alone.

Let me put it this way; alot of people view FF7's perfect story in the same regard as Beethoven's symphonies. Would you take someone seriously if a pianist came along and said "WELL HERE'S WHAT I WOULD CHANGE..." No, you'd roll your eyes and tell him to leave it the f**k alone.

Hironabu Sakaguchi and Ken Narita made an outstanding story that's called Final Fantasy VII. Tetsuya Nomura and his clowns aren't qualified in the LEAST to change what someone who was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award (Hironabu Sakaguchi)

https://www.gdconf.com/news/hironobu_sakaguchi_to_receive_



TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:


FYI: You're getting more story than the original.

PS: I prefer more story.

Final Fantasy VII is perfect how it is. It sold 10 million copies on story alone. It doesn't need Square Enix's bullshit"well here's what I would change/add"

Leave it alone.

Let me put it this way; alot of people view FF7's perfect story in the same regard as Beethoven's symphonies. Would you take someone seriously if a pianist came along and said "WELL HERE'S WHAT I WOULD CHANGE..." No, you'd roll your eyes and tell him to leave it the f**k alone.

Hironabu Sakaguchi and Ken Narita made an outstanding story that's called Final Fantasy VII. Tetsuya Nomura and his clowns aren't qualified in the LEAST to change what someone who was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award (Hironabu Sakaguchi)

https://www.gdconf.com/news/hironobu_sakaguchi_to_receive_

Hironobu



TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:


FYI: You're getting more story than the original.

PS: I prefer more story.

Final Fantasy VII is perfect how it is. It sold 10 million copies on story alone. It doesn't need Square Enix's bullshit"well here's what I would change/add"

Leave it alone.

Let me put it this way; alot of people view FF7's perfect story in the same regard as Beethoven's symphonies. Would you take someone seriously if a pianist came along and said "WELL HERE'S WHAT I WOULD CHANGE..." No, you'd roll your eyes and tell him to leave it the f**k alone.

Hironabu Sakaguchi and Ken Narita made an outstanding story that's called Final Fantasy VII. Tetsuya Nomura and his clowns aren't qualified in the LEAST to change what someone who was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award (Hironabu Sakaguchi)

https://www.gdconf.com/news/hironobu_sakaguchi_to_receive_

to be fair you can just go buy and play FF7 then.

I love FF7 but I am all for them expanding the scope if it can be done in a way that is faithful to the original game, and not just fan service like the compilation.

For now, I am hoping that SE will be able to dish some good information at E3 so we can start getting a better idea of how the story is expanding/ changing, and what a multi release means to them.