Quantcast
The Official US Politics OT

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Official US Politics OT

jason1637 said:
Machiavellian said:

That should clear up an ambiguity with the redacted report.  I highly doubt that Mueller will not give his honest account of the report and his conclusions and determinations.  Either way, it should clear up some stuff so we can all move one one way or the other.  The thing is, if Barr is actually covering up for the President, we probably will get to the truth.  I believe that's pretty much want any American would want.  No more BS on both sides lets just get the facts straight.

Yeah I want to hear Mueller testify. He mention 10 different instances of potential obstruction of justice but also mentioned that it would not count as obstruction of justice which is confusing. I think he need to clarify more on that.

Personally I do not believe the report will move the needle that much from what I can tell.  It will not change people's mind who believe Trump is a crook and will not change the people who believe he is a saint.  It may change the views of the fence sitters but by now I believe people have pretty much made up their mind about him.  Trump will serve out his 4 years and still have a good case for another as long as the economy doesn't tank before elections roll around. 



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:

Well because we know that there are stil investigations going on in the doj concerning russia and the trump campaig.

US intervention in other countries when we dont need to have always been dumb moves imo. We should have pulled out of there a long time ago.

The white supremacists comments were also stupid but atleast he took it back.

He never bragged about sexual assault.

Most people actually got their taxes cut including the rich. But for people who live in liberal states that have high income taxes their taxes went up under the tax plan.

 Kavanaugh is not a rapist lol.

A lot of the regulations the EPA had set put a burden on the economy and with these regulation gone a lot of good have come from it.

The special olympics is not a government program. It should have never been funded by the government in the first place.

I think we should have bombed NK by now honestly so im not a fan of them being "friends" but a lot of people seem to agree with the diplomatic approach and if it ends up working thats good.

Lol he never encouraged people to go after Omar. He tweeted a video attacking her on something she said does not mean he told people to harass her.

The special counsel were not able to determine he colluded with the Russian. There is a lot of damaging info in the report but collusion is really not one of them. 

The counsel wasn't able to determine he colluded with Russia because the report was redacted.

Like it or not his Tweets against Omar have made her life very difficult, and her being Muslim and black only makes Trump and his supporters look even more racist.

Since when did he retract his comments about Nazis being very fine people?

Are you saying we should screw over the environment we depend on for the sake of money?

No politician should be above criticism, and it is really worrying to me that she and Cortez has pretty much been deemed untouchable and anything you say against them is sexist, racist or even inciting violence. And all politicians gets harassment and threats against them. It's not OK but it sadly a part of being a public figure



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:
Congress has invited Mueller to have a hearing about the investigation.

That should clear up an ambiguity with the redacted report.  I highly doubt that Mueller will not give his honest account of the report and his conclusions and determinations.  Either way, it should clear up some stuff so we can all move one one way or the other.  The thing is, if Barr is actually covering up for the President, we probably will get to the truth.  I believe that's pretty much want any American would want.  No more BS on both sides lets just get the facts straight.

So, I'm not really sure just what kind of Hail Mary people are expecting at this point.  Emphasizing that this is a "redacted report" shouldn't really hold any water on its own, as virtually all reports of this magnitude do.  And, as someone who's begun reading it, there's a healthy amount of text to chew through.  The most heavily redacted part I've seen skimming through makes sense: investigating Russian hacking & dumping operations (i.e. investigations that are still ongoing).  Literally the central point of this investigation states early on that "...the investigation did not establish that members of The Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with The Russian government in its election interference activities."  



http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/coolbeans/539766

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/coolbeans/539767

(2-part retrospective blog on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's campaign)

melbye said:
CaptainExplosion said:

The counsel wasn't able to determine he colluded with Russia because the report was redacted.

Like it or not his Tweets against Omar have made her life very difficult, and her being Muslim and black only makes Trump and his supporters look even more racist.

Since when did he retract his comments about Nazis being very fine people?

Are you saying we should screw over the environment we depend on for the sake of money?

No politician should be above criticism, and it is really worrying to me that she and Cortez has pretty much been deemed untouchable and anything you say against them is sexist, racist or even inciting violence. And all politicians gets harassment and threats against them. It's not OK but it sadly a part of being a public figure

I do not know what news you have been reading or listening to but Neither Cortez or Omar has been deemed either untouchable or anything of the sort.  They have been criticized on both sides of the news including their own party.  It's one thing to criticize their view point, its another acting like a 3rd grade class idiot with insults.  The tweet Trump made was above stupid.  I put it right up there with is statements he saw Muslim people dancing and celebrating during September 11th.  Trump has a history of inciting racial bias and we can go over all the whole list if anyone is interested.

Omar and Cortez are the poster children for GOP platform of hate, division and fear mongering.  They want their base afraid of anyone who appears different from the norm and they want to make sure to keep the old white men in power to stem the tide of anything that looks like diversity.



Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:
Congress has invited Mueller to have a hearing about the investigation.

That should clear up an ambiguity with the redacted report.  I highly doubt that Mueller will not give his honest account of the report and his conclusions and determinations.  Either way, it should clear up some stuff so we can all move one one way or the other.  The thing is, if Barr is actually covering up for the President, we probably will get to the truth.  I believe that's pretty much want any American would want.  No more BS on both sides lets just get the facts straight.

That would be nice yes,clear facts for both sides to agree on.



Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Machiavellian said:

That should clear up an ambiguity with the redacted report.  I highly doubt that Mueller will not give his honest account of the report and his conclusions and determinations.  Either way, it should clear up some stuff so we can all move one one way or the other.  The thing is, if Barr is actually covering up for the President, we probably will get to the truth.  I believe that's pretty much want any American would want.  No more BS on both sides lets just get the facts straight.

So, I'm not really sure just what kind of Hail Mary people are expecting at this point.  Emphasizing that this is a "redacted report" shouldn't really hold any water on its own, as virtually all reports of this magnitude do.  And, as someone who's begun reading it, there's a healthy amount of text to chew through.  The most heavily redacted part I've seen skimming through makes sense: investigating Russian hacking & dumping operations (i.e. investigations that are still ongoing).  Literally the central point of this investigation states early on that "...the investigation did not establish that members of The Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with The Russian government in its election interference activities."  

Even though the report established that there was no collusion there is still a lot of info that shows that people like Trump jr and Manafort were involved with wikileaks/russia in some form. Also there is a case to be made about obstruction of justice.



Machiavellian said:
melbye said:

No politician should be above criticism, and it is really worrying to me that she and Cortez has pretty much been deemed untouchable and anything you say against them is sexist, racist or even inciting violence. And all politicians gets harassment and threats against them. It's not OK but it sadly a part of being a public figure

I do not know what news you have been reading or listening to but Neither Cortez or Omar has been deemed either untouchable or anything of the sort.  They have been criticized on both sides of the news including their own party.  It's one thing to criticize their view point, its another acting like a 3rd grade class idiot with insults.  The tweet Trump made was above stupid.  I put it right up there with is statements he saw Muslim people dancing and celebrating during September 11th.  Trump has a history of inciting racial bias and we can go over all the whole list if anyone is interested.

Omar and Cortez are the poster children for GOP platform of hate, division and fear mongering.  They want their base afraid of anyone who appears different from the norm and they want to make sure to keep the old white men in power to stem the tide of anything that looks like diversity.

So you think it is reasonable to accuse Dan Crenshaw of inciting violence for tweeting "Unbelievable" at he?



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

jason1637 said:
coolbeans said:

So, I'm not really sure just what kind of Hail Mary people are expecting at this point.  Emphasizing that this is a "redacted report" shouldn't really hold any water on its own, as virtually all reports of this magnitude do.  And, as someone who's begun reading it, there's a healthy amount of text to chew through.  The most heavily redacted part I've seen skimming through makes sense: investigating Russian hacking & dumping operations (i.e. investigations that are still ongoing).  Literally the central point of this investigation states early on that "...the investigation did not establish that members of The Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with The Russian government in its election interference activities."  

Even though the report established that there was no collusion there is still a lot of info that shows that people like Trump jr and Manafort were involved with wikileaks/russia in some form. Also there is a case to be made about obstruction of justice.

Depending on Muller testimony, we may see follow up investigations go down those lines.  If the Dems are going to be as bad as the GOP with Hillary, then this is just the beginning.  There is enough juice in there for them to go down the rabbit hole if they want.  Hell, it should be interesting if Julian Assange gets extradited to the US and give up some juicy tibbits.  Either way, since there is no smoking gun at the moment, there probably isn't enough to do anything with Trump but let him finish out his term and see what happens from there.  I personally just want it wrapped up with no BS in the middle.



melbye said:
Machiavellian said:

I do not know what news you have been reading or listening to but Neither Cortez or Omar has been deemed either untouchable or anything of the sort.  They have been criticized on both sides of the news including their own party.  It's one thing to criticize their view point, its another acting like a 3rd grade class idiot with insults.  The tweet Trump made was above stupid.  I put it right up there with is statements he saw Muslim people dancing and celebrating during September 11th.  Trump has a history of inciting racial bias and we can go over all the whole list if anyone is interested.

Omar and Cortez are the poster children for GOP platform of hate, division and fear mongering.  They want their base afraid of anyone who appears different from the norm and they want to make sure to keep the old white men in power to stem the tide of anything that looks like diversity.

So you think it is reasonable to accuse Dan Crenshaw of inciting violence for tweeting "Unbelievable" at he?

I do not know who Dan Crenshaw is.  I am only talking about the targeted response from the President using the 911 Incident to try and incite violent reaction.  If people say Trump isn't a complete imbecile then you have to know he fully understand the nature of that tweet and the effect it would have.

For anyone criticizing her for making dumb statements then they have every right because she has made a few.  She has the tact of Trump and a little to free with her speech not fully understanding her position and the tension within the US.



jason1637 said:
coolbeans said:

So, I'm not really sure just what kind of Hail Mary people are expecting at this point.  Emphasizing that this is a "redacted report" shouldn't really hold any water on its own, as virtually all reports of this magnitude do.  And, as someone who's begun reading it, there's a healthy amount of text to chew through.  The most heavily redacted part I've seen skimming through makes sense: investigating Russian hacking & dumping operations (i.e. investigations that are still ongoing).  Literally the central point of this investigation states early on that "...the investigation did not establish that members of The Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with The Russian government in its election interference activities."  

Even though the report established that there was no collusion there is still a lot of info that shows that people like Trump jr and Manafort were involved with wikileaks/russia in some form. Also there is a case to be made about obstruction of justice.

I'm...going to hold on discussing finer details such as what you're describing until I've read through more (just b/c of the disinformation or removed context this case has had for ~2 years).  

My intended trajectory with that comment is the overall tone, as some so desperately try to amble along with new red meat to cling on.  In this current context, it's now about this being the final say with Mueller coming to Congress (but, trust us, we mean it this time).  

-Barr's summary was submitted on what he'd seen (with no public denouncement from Mueller as he had just previously done with Buzzfeed's BREAKING story about collusion)

NOT ENOUGH or, better yet, Barr's intentionally shielding the president

-A redacted report arrives 

INSUFFICIENT details given/too many redactions based on my subjective feelings

-Mueller speaks in front of Congress

______________________ <- I look forward to see what's next

Last edited by coolbeans - on 18 April 2019

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/coolbeans/539766

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/coolbeans/539767

(2-part retrospective blog on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's campaign)