Quantcast
Opinion: Nintendo Switch will still FAIL

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Nintendo Switch will still FAIL

Will the Switch fail just like the WII U?

Yes; without a strong 3rd party support 35 19.44%
 
No; Switch does not need 3rd party support 76 42.22%
 
Other 53 29.44%
 
See Poll Results 16 8.89%
 
Total:180

Wont debate any longer with you nintendo fans. Sorry but you all are just to delusional. I would love to see what you all wrote about the wii u before. I gues something similar to this delusional stuff now... lol



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Pillertriller said:

Clueless eh? I propably playing games longer than you life. But its ok Nintendo fan, believe in your petty excuses, what ever let you sleep better at night. We will see what happens with the switch, i already predicted the wii u to flop huge. What happend? Almmost biggest flop in console HISTORY. I dont say Switch will flop, i just say it wont sell over 50 millions, especially not when a new gameboy is coming.

The latest Game Boy model was released in 2005, 12 years ago. Why are you so confident there'll be another?

Oh man i talk about a DS successor holy moly for me these are gameboys, you know? Old school and such?



Pillertriller said:
mZuzek said:

The latest Game Boy model was released in 2005, 12 years ago. Why are you so confident there'll be another?

Oh man i talk about a DS successor holy moly for me these are gameboys, you know? Old school and such?

Oh don't worry I know what you mean, I'm just toying with you.



It just has hit 10 million ! Wow!

I believe the Switch will be fine for, at least, 04 years. If it reaches between 60-70 million units sold at the end of its commercial run, Nintendo will be ok.

If it gets the same support that the 3ds had, I don´t think that it will need all those big AAA western titles to succeed, specially now that all Nintendo´s software development is focusing on a single device.



Switch won't fail like the WiiU since it is a hybrid. If a Switch Pro would come out on Year 3? It would push more sales due to portability. Like the XLs and Gb Adv before. And several homes have multiple Nintendo consoles again due to portability. It is Nintendo's strength and they'll capitalise on it.
I hope more AS A titled would come from Nintendo IPs. And 3rd party titled would come but more polished.



Around the Network
squibbfire said:
Pillertriller said:

You may have said it somewhere, but I probably just missed it

How much do you think the Switch will sell LT?

 

Just purely out of curiosity, I won't argue with your predictions



 - Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -
 

   NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
 

          

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Pillertriller said:
Flilix said:

Have you played these games though?

Why should i? I give a shit about Nintendo and its games.

Aside from this fully explaining everything, why are you in this thread?  If you don't care about Nintendo and their games, why do express so much on it and put so much time and effort into discussing it?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Pillertriller said:
Wont debate any longer with you nintendo fans. Sorry but you all are just to delusional. I would love to see what you all wrote about the wii u before. I gues something similar to this delusional stuff now... lol

LMAO...I'm a nintendo fan..just not delusional.

I was there for the NES...Super Nintendo,  (Nintendo PSX)N64, Wii, and Wii U...the craziness was't as strong as it is now. But to be fair to them....The switch is Nintendo last ditch effort of combine mobile and non mobile gaming.  I feel Nintendo themselves will give up on the NS before the fans do unless we seem some better game releases. I really don't want to see the Nintendo game system end up in the teen and younger genre and be a kiddie system.



squibbfire said:
Pillertriller said:
Wont debate any longer with you nintendo fans. Sorry but you all are just to delusional. I would love to see what you all wrote about the wii u before. I gues something similar to this delusional stuff now... lol

LMAO...I'm a nintendo fan..just not delusional.

I was there for the NES...Super Nintendo,  (Nintendo PSX)N64, Wii, and Wii U...the craziness was't as strong as it is now. But to be fair to them....The switch is Nintendo last ditch effort of combine mobile and non mobile gaming.  I feel Nintendo themselves will give up on the NS before the fans do unless we seem some better game releases. I really don't want to see the Nintendo game system end up in the teen and younger genre and be a kiddie system.

Talk about psychological projection. Do you even understand the concept of this thread? You're arguing that Switch will be a failure even though it's selling on pace with some of the best-selling consoles of all time.

At least the Wii U predictions were made before the console released. We're 9 months and 10 million units into Switch's lifecycle. You have no excuse.

squibbfire said: 

What are you guys end of year prediction for Wii switch? 12 ...14 million end of year?...
i'm thinking maybe 10 11...and then a drastic decrease after that until a new killer game is release.

Also, hahaha. It's not often that a prediction gets destroyed within 24 hours.



StarDoor said:

At least the Wii U predictions were made before the console released. We're 9 months and 10 million units into Switch's lifecycle. You have no excuse.

Yeah... I'll admit for the longest part of the Wii U's lifecycle I was sure it'd outsell the GameCube, and at some point in 2014 (Mario Kart 8 boost) I even believed it could hit 30m+. Maybe you could call me "delusional" for that, and I wouldn't mind because obviously it never came close to those numbers, but I accept it.

Obviously I have my johns, which are 1. I wasn't as experienced with sales numbers back then, and 2. I predicted those numbers off the assumption that Zelda would release in 2015 (which I still think would have definitely happened had Nintendo wanted it to) and would be a major system-seller. In fact, I still think if that had happened, it might have at least come close to GameCube numbers, but obviously since Nintendo ditched the console that was never gonna happen.

Nintendo won't be ditching the Switch anytime soon though, and even if they did, it's impossible it wouldn't sell at least 50 million, because it only needs 3 years (4 at worst) at this pace to do that. So no, I don't think us "Nintendo fans" are the ones being delusional here... though it's silly to even make a point out of this, because it's been the obvious synopsis of this thread so far.