Late to the party, but does anybody know what was the actual joke? I'm now reading tons of things through Internet, and I'm getting tons of different responses.
I'll explain step-by-step
1. There is a website that has people say anything you want for $5. They typically have a special 'theme' to them as well- one person may dress up as santa, jesus, etc.
2. Pewdiepie said screw it and thought he'd two dudes to say "Death to all Jews", with a message saying "Subscribe to Keemstar" appearing on the video.
3. The two dudes actually did it, and he uploaded it.
4. Everyone started calling him a nazi and antisemitic. Neonazis ended up supporting him, so that didn't help.
5. Media chose to pounce on the topic, cause logic.
6. Disney/Youtube cancel shows- everyone is celebrating.
7. Pewdiepie apologizes, makes it clear he doesn't support antisemitism or neonazis. Unfortunately, it seems like you can only completely love or hate a person. I don't support what he did, but calling him antisemitic/nazi is pretty low...