- Content Limit: Please try to keep post length reasonable. I'd suggest around 6 pieces of total content (pics/gifs/videos, 3-4 if its an all video post) at an absolute max, all I ask is that people just use discretion and if a post seems too long, just put the rest in a second post.
- Posting Limit: Try to keep it to 2 posts in a row.
- Original Content: All content posted in this thread should be self-made, please don't use this thread to post random screenshots/gifs/videos of games.
- Name Your Game: Always include the name of the game when posting screenshots so people can easily identify the games being played. As well-known as you think Super Mario 3D World may be, its still best to identify it so people who may not know can follow along!
- Emulators: When posting pictures of games run through an emulator, try to type name the emulator alongside the name of their game (ex. Skyward Sword // Dolphin Emulator)
- Distortion: Please post screenshots in their original aspect ratio & resolution to avoid stretching and other distortion.
- Spoilers: Please try to avoid posting major spoilers for games. You can always post just the URL to your image if it contains a spoiler, instead of embedding it.
- NSFW Pictures: Just remember that NSFW rules still apply to game screenshots/gifs/videos, so please avoid posting any screenshot that violate's VGChart'z rules when it comes to NSFW content.
How to upload images using your Wii U:
- Method 1: Post your picture to Miiverse, then access it through the web-version of the site. Copy the URL of the picture you uploaded in your Miiverse post and post it into the thread!
- Method 2: When you press the Home button at the moment you'd like to capture (just like you would when posting from Miiverse), access the Internet Browser from the Home menu and navigate to an image hosting website that's compatible with Wii U (Imgur, Flicker). Log into your account and click Upload to upload your screenshot. Copy the URL of your newly uploaded screenshot and post it into the thread!
How to upload images using your Nintendo 3DS:
- Method 1: Similarly to Wii U, post your picture to Miiverse, then access it through the web-version of the site. Copy the URL of the picture you uploaded in your Miiverse post and post it into the thread!
- Method 2: For certain games like Animal Crossing: New Lead & Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, screenshots can be saved onto the system memory. To upload these shots, open the Internet Browser from the Home menu and navigate to an image hosting site that works with the Nintendo 3DS (Imgur). Log into your account for whatever compatible image hosting site you use, and click Upload. When prompted with your 3DS image library, navigate to the screenshot you would like to upload and select it to upload. Copy the URL of your newly uploaded screenshot and post it into the thread!
How to upload images using your Xbox One:
- Double tap Home button, press Y or say "Xbox Take a screenshot" if using Kinect
- Go to Upload App -> My Screenshots
- Press the Start/Menu button over image and "share"
From here there are two methods to retrieve your screenshot:
- Method 1: Share to Twitter, get link off your Twitter page, copy and paste image
- Method 2: Share to OneDrive, upload to third party (Imgur, Minus, Flickr) OR get directly from OneDrive.com
How to upload images using your PlayStation 4 using the Share button:
- Method 1: Save your screenshot onto a USB drive, and copy it to PC. Use one of the 3rd party image hosting websites and copy the URL for your screenshot into the post.
- Method 2: Upload your screenshot to Twitter or Facebook. Copy the URL from this image and insert it into the post.
How to upload images using your PlayStation Vita:
- To take a screenshot, press the PS button and the START button at the same time. Some games may not be compatibile with this function however. Copy the images from the PS Vita onto the PC using the Content Manager, and upload them on your choice of image hosting site. Copy the URL for the screenshot and insert it into your post.
- Take a screenshot using your desired capture service (The old school Print Screen, or the screenshot hotkeys in services like Steam, Origin, Uplay, or a 3rd party capture program like FRAPS)
- Upload to a desired hosting website (Imgur, Photobucket, etc.)
- Copy URL from the uploaded image and insert it into your post.
Feel free to mention any other methods that work for you and I'll add them to the OP!
Image hosting websites that have been verified to work with Nintendo 3DS & Wii U:
Image hosting websites to use when posting from an emulator on a PC or Smartphone:
Feel free to PM me with any other image hosting sites that work for you!
Here is a good model to use when posting in the thread:
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Feel free to give your screens a little back-story as well, and be sure point out if anyone's screenshot looks especially awesome to you! xD