Quantcast
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture reviewing well - meta 78

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture reviewing well - meta 78

Goodnightmoon said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Games like these or you love or you hate it but reviewers dont even know the game have a speed up button and point this as a negative is not what we expect from reviewers...

The game doesn´t tell you that you can run pressing R3, never. Not a critics fault.

Also the real complainst are about the total lack of gameplay, the vanishing of ethan carter is a similar walking simulator but you have to rebuild every story like a puzzle, there is a sense of interactivity and you feel involved on it, however on this game you are only a camera man hearing stories from other people, is more similar to Dear Esther actually (is made by the same people after all), seems rather boring.

It's absolutely the critic's fault. It's no different than running jumps in Super Mario 64. It's something you just figure out on your own. 



Around the Network

LOL

Gameblog.fr just updated their review from 40 to 50 because they found out (after interviewing the developer) that we can run in the game. Great "journalism" :D



That's just like every gaming journalist



I just read the lowest review from that list (which is surprisingly not Polygon this time)

PSU reviewed the game 6.5/10, because he disliked the walking speed.

The guy that reviewed the game didn't even find out that you can press R2 to move faster.

So the guy didn't even learn the buttons. This is the type of people that review games ladies and gentlemen.



Faelco said:
LOL

Gameblog.fr just updated their review from 40 to 50 because they found out (after interviewing the developer) that we can run in the game. Great "journalism" :D


Gameblog is the worst french gaming site.

 

...But it's the only one who is on metacritics. that's pretty sad.



Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The game doesn´t tell you that you can run pressing R3, never. Not a critics fault.

Also the real complainst are about the total lack of gameplay, the vanishing of ethan carter is a similar walking simulator but you have to rebuild every story like a puzzle, there is a sense of interactivity and you feel involved on it, however on this game you are only a camera man hearing stories from other people, is more similar to Dear Esther actually (is made by the same people after all), seems rather boring.

It's absolutely the critic's fault. It's no different than running jumps in Super Mario 64. It's something you just figure out on your own. 

From all the free buttoms you can use on a game that does not use almost any buttom at all, you need to use R3 to run? not R1, R2, L1, L2 X, O, etc... R3??

I´m sorry but is easy to think that there is no way to run the way they did it. 

But if they lowered  part of the score because of that, then they should scored properly now.



Goodnightmoon said:
outlawauron said:

It's absolutely the critic's fault. It's no different than running jumps in Super Mario 64. It's something you just figure out on your own. 

From all the free buttoms you can use on a game that does not use almost any buttom at all, you need to use R3 to run? not R1, R2, L1, L2 X, O, etc... R3??

I´m sorry but is easy to think that there is no way to run the way they did it. 

But if they lowered  part of the score because of that, then they should scored properly now.

I guess. I'm conditioned to try it as it's not uncommon to see sprinting assigned to L3 or R3.



Goodnightmoon said:
outlawauron said:

It's absolutely the critic's fault. It's no different than running jumps in Super Mario 64. It's something you just figure out on your own. 

From all the free buttoms you can use on a game that does not use almost any buttom at all, you need to use R3 to run? not R1, R2, L1, L2 X, O, etc... R3??

I´m sorry but is easy to think that there is no way to run the way they did it. 

But if they lowered  part of the score because of that, then they should scored properly now.

I dont have the game so i dont know but >

A few bumps on landing...

So Rapture is out finally, after three long years, and the critical reception has been amazing. One thing that is coming back however is the walk speed and lack of sprint function, and actually we’ve got a confession to make.

You can sprint in Rapture. Hold down R2 and it builds to sprint speed over a couple of seconds.

And that deserves an explanation. So here goes: there was a mess-up. And we’re really sorry about that.

A couple of weeks before the game went to final, Santa Monica did a last round of playtesting. At this point, the game included an autosprint. That meant that if you kept moving, you’d gradually ramp up to a run speed, specifically to deal with issues with how long potential back-tracking could take, given the game’s non-linearity. The problem was, playtesters wanted to be able to trigger it themselves. It didn’t matter about the speed, it was the psychology, the choice. 

So together with Santa Monica, we made a late call. We replaced the autosprint with aN R2 trigger hold, keeping the gentle ramp up to main speed. This then needed testing, because it potentially threw out all of the pacing we’d been working on for the last year, plus could cause issues with accidentally parkouring into places you couldn’t escape from, creating game-breaking bugs. All this took time.

And then suddenly launch was right on top of us, and something had been missed. The controller icon in the options menu was missing the sprint instruction, and it hadn’t been localised. Localisation takes about 24 hours, but because the UI is build in Flash, it would have to be changed, and that would mean a full round of testing before creating a patch- about 4-5 days through the global QA pipieline, which we’re doing now, but wasn’t ready in time for release. It’s in the online manual, but not at the start of the game. 

We probably should have announced the run button before launch, but we didn’t. That was a bad call, and we’ve paid for it in the reviews. But the most important thing is that we get the word out to players, so here we go – although we’d love you to take your time and explore Yaughton at a slow, steady pace, if you need to backtrack or get around more quickly, hold down R2 – it’ll take a few seconds before you are running fully, but it will speed your movement up.

And sorry for those of you who already played and were frustrated by the speed. Hopefully it didn’t spoil the experience too much for you, and knowing you can get around faster if you need to will make you want to return to explore more. 

Finally, there were some serious issues with the PSN store for the European market. SCEE have worked to fix it and hopefully it should all be working now. This one isn’t our fault, but we really appreciate your patience and hope you can get hold of the game and theme

 

http://www.thechineseroom.co.uk/blog/blog/a-few-bumps-on-landing

 

They say its R2 , i dont know where people is saying its R3.

I dont know about you but if i played a game and found out that i could not run i will try every button , even these days you can post one question on twitter and have a couple of people telling you , these reviewers i am sure have followers.



 

Goodnightmoon said:
outlawauron said:

It's absolutely the critic's fault. It's no different than running jumps in Super Mario 64. It's something you just figure out on your own. 

From all the free buttoms you can use on a game that does not use almost any buttom at all, you need to use R3 to run? not R1, R2, L1, L2 X, O, etc... R3??

I´m sorry but is easy to think that there is no way to run the way they did it. 

But if they lowered  part of the score because of that, then they should scored properly now.


*Cough*Cough*it's R2*Cough*Cough*



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

From all the free buttoms you can use on a game that does not use almost any buttom at all, you need to use R3 to run? not R1, R2, L1, L2 X, O, etc... R3??

I´m sorry but is easy to think that there is no way to run the way they did it. 

But if they lowered  part of the score because of that, then they should scored properly now.


*Cough*Cough*it's R2*Cough*Cough*

Oh yes, R2... for 7 freaking seconds to start running, you need to be retarded to put that in your game and expect the people to know.