By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture reviewing well - meta 78

Burek said:

Yeah, you do walk a bit slow, there is no running, but that really is not the point of the game.

A) Everything is very close by, it's not like you need to traverse for minutes to the next "objective" (Ethan Carter had sprinting, but also miles of woods and roads with nothing in them)

B) The game is supposed to be peaceful, tranquil - to allow you to explore the sights and sounds, to look at details and slowly piece the puzzle together. There is no sense of urgency that you need to run everywhere, because - Everybody's already gone to the Rapture...

C) I do wish I could take one of the bicycles and ride it around the village, though...

There is running in the game. Just hold down the R2 and eventually you will run, or at least move faster. It might be L2 but try R2 first.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

everyone else is giveing it a 7/10 or a 9/10..... some French guy gives it a 4/10.

GribbleGrunger said:
Burek said:

Yeah, you do walk a bit slow, there is no running, but that really is not the point of the game.

A) Everything is very close by, it's not like you need to traverse for minutes to the next "objective" (Ethan Carter had sprinting, but also miles of woods and roads with nothing in them)

B) The game is supposed to be peaceful, tranquil - to allow you to explore the sights and sounds, to look at details and slowly piece the puzzle together. There is no sense of urgency that you need to run everywhere, because - Everybody's already gone to the Rapture...

C) I do wish I could take one of the bicycles and ride it around the village, though...

There is running in the game. Just hold down the R2 and eventually you will run, or at least move faster. It might be L2 but try R2 first.

So I was not going crazy, it really does speed up?

I thought it was just my mind playing tricks after reading several complaints about no running.   (it's R2)

76 right now

They should have made it clear to the reviewers that R2 is used to run. Would have been 85+ on meta.

Around the Network
DrakeBros said:
They should have made it clear to the reviewers that R2 is used to run. Would have been 85+ on meta.

Same reason Sonic Lost World was rated down for being slow.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Games like these or you love or you hate it but reviewers dont even know the game have a speed up button and point this as a negative is not what we expect from reviewers...

The game doesn´t tell you that you can run pressing R3, never. Not a critics fault.

Also the real complainst are about the total lack of gameplay, the vanishing of ethan carter is a similar walking simulator but you have to rebuild every story like a puzzle, there is a sense of interactivity and you feel involved on it, however on this game you are only a camera man hearing stories from other people, is more similar to Dear Esther actually (is made by the same people after all), seems rather boring.

Reviews make it seem like a decent PS+ game to download. Guess I will wait for that. Shame, there was a lot of hype for this one (for a downloadable title).

Goodnightmoon said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Games like these or you love or you hate it but reviewers dont even know the game have a speed up button and point this as a negative is not what we expect from reviewers...

The game doesn´t tell you that you can run pressing R3, never. Not a critics fault.

Also the real complainst are about the total lack of gameplay, the vanishing of ethan carter is a similar walking simulator but you have to rebuild every story like a puzzle, there is a sense of interactivity and you feel involved on it, however on this game you are only a camera man hearing stories from other people, is more similar to Dear Esther actually (is made by the same people after all), seems rather boring.

It's absolutely the critic's fault. It's no different than running jumps in Super Mario 64. It's something you just figure out on your own. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

LOL

Gameblog.fr just updated their review from 40 to 50 because they found out (after interviewing the developer) that we can run in the game. Great "journalism" :D