Quantcast
The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%
 
Seahawks 41 8.84%
 
Colts 7 1.51%
 
Packers 42 9.05%
 
Broncos 85 18.32%
 
Ravens 8 1.72%
 
Cowboys 18 3.88%
 
Panthers 56 12.07%
 
Other 74 15.95%
 
Scoreboard 17 3.66%
 
Total:464

Sign me up for 2015 prediction league please.



Around the Network
mornelithe said:

More importantly, the Judge due to prior case law couldn't rule on the evidence.  Precedent had already been set, it's why many many people were confused when he spent the first hearing grilling the NFL on their actual evidence.  Which is concerning in and of itself, really.  If you take Brady/Pats out of this and realize that in a case where the facts are clearly wrong, the Judge cannot overturn an arbitration award, on those points.

This is why consumer advocates and attorneys hate binding arbitration clauses in all those form contracts you sign. An arbitrator can have the absolute right to deny you the right to discover additional evidence for your case, make a decision on little evidence, one often contrary to what the law says, and the court can't touch it unless one of a very narrow set of exceptions applies. Add to this that the arbitrator is paid by the parties, and that the arbitrators know one of the parties (the business) is a repeat customer while the consumer is not, and it's laughable how the Supreme Court arrived at its decision that these clauses are fully enforceable. The danger isn't even hypothetical: a half decade ago one of the major arbitrations firms was effectively shut down after it was revealed it was hearing tens of thousands credit card debt cases...when the arbitration firm was advertising its services to debt collectors as a place where they could quickly and cheaply get judgments in their favor.

In this case Brady is lucky the NFL didn't take the time to cross their t's and dot their i's. A few superficialities and this would have gone the other way.



noname2200 said:
mornelithe said:

More importantly, the Judge due to prior case law couldn't rule on the evidence.  Precedent had already been set, it's why many many people were confused when he spent the first hearing grilling the NFL on their actual evidence.  Which is concerning in and of itself, really.  If you take Brady/Pats out of this and realize that in a case where the facts are clearly wrong, the Judge cannot overturn an arbitration award, on those points.

This is why consumer advocates and attorneys hate binding arbitration clauses in all those form contracts you sign. An arbitrator can have the absolute right to deny you the right to discover additional evidence for your case, make a decision on little evidence, one often contrary to what the law says, and the court can't touch it unless one of a very narrow set of exceptions applies. Add to this that the arbitrator is paid by the parties, and that the arbitrators know one of the parties (the business) is a repeat customer while the consumer is not, and it's laughable how the Supreme Court arrived at its decision that these clauses are fully enforceable. The danger isn't even hypothetical: a half decade ago one of the major arbitrations firms was effectively shut down after it was revealed it was hearing tens of thousands credit card debt cases...when the arbitration firm was advertising its services to debt collectors as a place where they could quickly and cheaply get judgments in their favor.

In this case Brady is lucky the NFL didn't take the time to cross their t's and dot their i's. A few superficialities and this would have gone the other way.

Precisely, had the 3 major points that they lost on, not been evident (Refusing Pash to testify, not allowing the NFLPA access to their notes, and prior notice) this would've gone in the NFL's favor.  They kneecapped themselves.



mornelithe said:
noname2200 said:
mornelithe said:

More importantly, the Judge due to prior case law couldn't rule on the evidence.  Precedent had already been set, it's why many many people were confused when he spent the first hearing grilling the NFL on their actual evidence.  Which is concerning in and of itself, really.  If you take Brady/Pats out of this and realize that in a case where the facts are clearly wrong, the Judge cannot overturn an arbitration award, on those points.

This is why consumer advocates and attorneys hate binding arbitration clauses in all those form contracts you sign. An arbitrator can have the absolute right to deny you the right to discover additional evidence for your case, make a decision on little evidence, one often contrary to what the law says, and the court can't touch it unless one of a very narrow set of exceptions applies. Add to this that the arbitrator is paid by the parties, and that the arbitrators know one of the parties (the business) is a repeat customer while the consumer is not, and it's laughable how the Supreme Court arrived at its decision that these clauses are fully enforceable. The danger isn't even hypothetical: a half decade ago one of the major arbitrations firms was effectively shut down after it was revealed it was hearing tens of thousands credit card debt cases...when the arbitration firm was advertising its services to debt collectors as a place where they could quickly and cheaply get judgments in their favor.

In this case Brady is lucky the NFL didn't take the time to cross their t's and dot their i's. A few superficialities and this would have gone the other way.

Precisely, had the 3 major points that they lost on, not been evident (Refusing Pash to testify, not allowing the NFLPA access to their notes, and prior notice) this would've gone in the NFL's favor.  They kneecapped themselves.

Well then thank God for the NFL's own incompetence.



MTZehvor said:
mornelithe said:

Precisely, had the 3 major points that they lost on, not been evident (Refusing Pash to testify, not allowing the NFLPA access to their notes, and prior notice) this would've gone in the NFL's favor.  They kneecapped themselves.

Well then thank God for the NFL's own incompetence.

Without a doubt.  If I were the NFL, I'd strongly consider retaining Kessler as an NFL attorney lol.



Around the Network

So which team do you guys think are going to play the Lions in the Super Bowl?



PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
So which team do you guys think are going to play the Lions in the Super Bowl?

The only way any Lions are getting into a Super Bowl sometime soon is if Katy Perry returns with that mechanical one of hers.



MTZehvor said:
BlowoverKing said:
So which team do you guys think are going to play the Lions in the Super Bowl?

The only way any Lions are getting into a Super Bowl sometime soon is if Katy Perry returns with that mechanical one of hers.


Pssh, the Lions have made it to the Super Bowl what, zero times? They've gotta stumble into the game eventually.



PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
MTZehvor said:

The only way any Lions are getting into a Super Bowl sometime soon is if Katy Perry returns with that mechanical one of hers.


Pssh, the Lions have made it to the Super Bowl what, zero times? They've gotta stumble into the game eventually.

Cleveland Browns vs. Detroit Lions Super Bowl, the battle of the never haves!



NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge


PIT-NE 2
GB-CHI 1
KC-HOU 1
CLE-NYJ 1
IND-BUF 1
MIA-WAS 1
CAR-JAC 1
SEA-STL 1
NO-ARI 2
DET-SD 2
TEN-TB 1
CIN-OAK 1
BAL-DEN 2
NYG-DAL 2
PHI-ATL 1
MIN-SF Min by 7


I was kinda late with my regular season predictions might as well be the first one to post my week one picks.  Since I got the Ultimate Edition of Forza 6 I will probably not play very close attention to the first weeks games.