Quantcast
BREAKING: PHIL HARRISON QUITS SONY

Forums - Sony Discussion - BREAKING: PHIL HARRISON QUITS SONY

Videogirl said:
Played_Out said:
A shame to see him go. He was definitely one of the smarter execs in the gaming industry. Sounds like he was head-hunted by Atari.

When the PS3 comes down to a mass market price, Sony are gonna be hurting for a casual gaming guy like Harrison.

Not by Atari, by Nintendo, Atari is just a cover-up for his non-competition provision. I'm betting one-week ban that Ninty will buy Atari by the end of the year.


 Not gonna happen!  Nintendo would not purchase Atari for an exec...  way too risky and expensive.



Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
Videogirl said:
Played_Out said:
A shame to see him go. He was definitely one of the smarter execs in the gaming industry. Sounds like he was head-hunted by Atari.

When the PS3 comes down to a mass market price, Sony are gonna be hurting for a casual gaming guy like Harrison.

Not by Atari, by Nintendo, Atari is just a cover-up for his non-competition provision. I'm betting one-week ban that Ninty will buy Atari by the end of the year.


Not gonna happen! Nintendo would not purchase Atari for an exec... way too risky and expensive.


What if it was already planned... they would not be purchasing Atari solely for the exec that would be stupid. But if they know they already want Atari, this is the best way to be able to hire Harisson and being completely covered against any legal action. 



ssj12 said:
well Phil could easily save Atari. which is a good thing.


Considering how even a mentally handicapped monkey could save Atari I'm pretty sure Phil will own the place in a few years...

Wii Code: 7588-3685-3257-4150

Brawl Code: 0301-9768-7224

You know the drill if you add me pm your codes.

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to get out of bed. This is bad news for Sony...



Krim said:
ssj12 said:
well Phil could easily save Atari. which is a good thing.


 

Considering how even a mentally handicapped monkey could save Atari I'm pretty sure Phil will own the place in a few years...

 lol, I don't think Atari can be saved, or at least returned to his glory days. But Phil will definitely try. 

 Am I the only one here thinking it's a HUGE demotion for him? Well, if he thinks it's best, see you arund Phil



Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
Videogirl said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Videogirl said:
Played_Out said:
A shame to see him go. He was definitely one of the smarter execs in the gaming industry. Sounds like he was head-hunted by Atari.

When the PS3 comes down to a mass market price, Sony are gonna be hurting for a casual gaming guy like Harrison.

Not by Atari, by Nintendo, Atari is just a cover-up for his non-competition provision. I'm betting one-week ban that Ninty will buy Atari by the end of the year.


Not gonna happen! Nintendo would not purchase Atari for an exec... way too risky and expensive.


What if it was already planned... they would not be purchasing Atari solely for the exec that would be stupid. But if they know they already want Atari, this is the best way to be able to hire Harisson and being completely covered against any legal action.


 Atari has nothing to offer Nintendo.  Nintendo will not buy Atari.  Take a look at their IP, there is nothing even remotely interesting for Nintendo to want to take.  

Sonic on the other hand.... 



Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Sony is officially doomed, I found him one of the most friendly, customer caring person at Sony PS. The others doesn't seem to care anything about the gamers. Though now I think of it... he wants to help Atari on the casual gaming market, and Phil was very positive towards Nintendo for the past couple of days.... Hint???



PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

i love phil...why would he do this



Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

 

Phil was one of the people I liked in the Sony hierarchy. His leaving is not good from my perspective.

And Harai taking his place, is definately not good. It spreads him too thin, and he is less in tune with the gaming industry especially in North America. The fact that Hirai is taking over shows how unexpected this was. When Peter left Microsoft didn't put anyone in charge because they knew they were filling the position right away.



Oh, I have no doubt Harai's taking over is only temp. he's just covering while they hire someone else.

if it's just a PR person they want (which isn't true), they should get Adam Sessler. ;)



Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)