Quantcast
360/xbone dominates black friday sales according research firm InfoScout.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360/xbone dominates black friday sales according research firm InfoScout.

The Walmart I was at had 25 360's and IRC 7 or 8 Xbones. Naturally the Xbones were gone immediately, and the line for the 360 was huge, over the 25 product number they had, and they were turning people away too. Some people sat in the line knowing they would be out of stock before they got to the front unless someone ahead of them decided not to wait anymore. Meanwhile the $149 12GB PS3 barely sold, as did the $200 LoU bundle. And the mini Wii, I did not see it sell a single unit.

There's no way at all that the Xbone sold anywhere close to the 360.



Around the Network

C'mon Vgchartz! I expect this kind of nonsense on GameFAQs or NeoGAF. So embarassing. Please have a mod close this.



Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

kitler53 said:
of course this survey's numbers suggest this. ps4 sold out ages before the xbone did and the "researchers" missed those receipts. :P


Yep, what's sad is people get paid to this typoe of useless, inaccurate info gathering.



Panicnausia said:
kitler53 said:
of course this survey's numbers suggest this. ps4 sold out ages before the xbone did and the "researchers" missed those receipts. :P


Yep, what's sad is people get paid to this typoe of useless, inaccurate info gathering.


guys this is not xbone vse ps4, we know the ps4 is sold out, but  lets not forget america is xbox land at the moment, even though i expect ps4 to take back marketshare it's gonna be a tough struggle.



There is really nothing gained by this survey. And it seems to be calculated completely wrong. For example, how is the Xbox One #1, when the separate Target survey has it well below the 360? Are we really to believe that the One sold so much at Walmart that it not only outsold the 360 there, it also was enough to compensate for the lead the 360 had at Target? BS.

Also, it says they interviewed the 1st 3000 shoppers. Sounds like they just asked them what they were there for while they were in line to get into the store. Just because you are there for something, doesn't mean it's going to be in stock. In other words, this survey is crap. Especially when you consider they left out Best Buy, Gamestop, and Kmart. Who knows how sales went there, though there were reports the PS4 outsold the One at Gamestop.



Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
There is really nothing gained by this survey. And it seems to be calculated completely wrong. For example, how is the Xbox One #1, when the separate Target survey has it well below the 360? Are we really to believe that the One sold so much at Walmart that it not only outsold the 360 there, it also was enough to compensate for the lead the 360 had at Target? BS.

Also, it says they interviewed the 1st 3000 shoppers. Sounds like they just asked them what they were there for while they were in line to get into the store. Just because you are there for something, doesn't mean it's going to be in stock. In other words, this survey is crap. Especially when you consider they left out Best Buy, Gamestop, and Kmart. Who knows how sales went there, though there were reports the PS4 outsold the One at Gamestop.


They didn't ask them, they based this off of reciepts. 



jlmurph2 said:
thismeintiel said:
There is really nothing gained by this survey. And it seems to be calculated completely wrong. For example, how is the Xbox One #1, when the separate Target survey has it well below the 360? Are we really to believe that the One sold so much at Walmart that it not only outsold the 360 there, it also was enough to compensate for the lead the 360 had at Target? BS.

Also, it says they interviewed the 1st 3000 shoppers. Sounds like they just asked them what they were there for while they were in line to get into the store. Just because you are there for something, doesn't mean it's going to be in stock. In other words, this survey is crap. Especially when you consider they left out Best Buy, Gamestop, and Kmart. Who knows how sales went there, though there were reports the PS4 outsold the One at Gamestop.


They didn't ask them, they based this off of reciepts. 

Apparently, not for the Target survey.  "The data is based on InfoScout’s consumer research. The company interviewed the first 3,000 shoppers at Target on Thanksgiving and Black Friday."



Got the Xbox One at launch since my brother preordered it on Amazon and I got to say I'm impressed with how Microsoft turned things around after the horrid E3 unveiling.



expected more from wiiu, to bad. then again why ps4 sold so low?



ethomaz said:

IsawYoshi said:

But... the OP says the ONE sold more than the 360. This one doesn't.

I saw that now...

Did you belive Xbone outsold 360 in BlackFriday?

Lol, of cource not. BF is for cheap deals, not 499 dollar consoles. Wii only selling 1% is bogus.