Quantcast
Voxel Cone Ray Tracing - When will we see this fully in Xbox One?

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Voxel Cone Ray Tracing - When will we see this fully in Xbox One?

Tagged games:

Chroniczaaa said:
Highly doubt any next gen consoles are capable of it. Maybe next-next-gen.

Projecct Spark is the first game to attempt it. Its new ground. Noones realy done it before in a real world game. Thts why theres no triangles of polygons noticeable. Also Everquest is doing so to. Id like to see a more serious game like Halo using it.



Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
FrancisNobleman said:
So is it the secret sauce ?

Can someone give viewable examples of this and how it makes games look better ?

Tech chat is nice, but is there examples in images or video form, even if on pc just for reference ?



Project Spark is not using any polygons at all. It uses Voxels ( groups of pixels ) to shot light through rather than every pixel like full real ray tracing.

You will notice no polygon edges like other games.

 


the tree on the left is showing some rough edges, also the ground texture is not quite on par with the rest of it. It's alpha though I'm sure.

 

I remember watching the microsoft conference and this game got my attention because I believe you can also play it with a tablet, and somehow I think this is going to be totally ignored and overshadowed by dudebro and racing games on the xbox.



selnor1983 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
Highly doubt any next gen consoles are capable of it. Maybe next-next-gen.

Projecct Spark is the first game to attempt it. Its new ground. Noones realy done it before in a real world game. Thts why theres no triangles of polygons noticeable. Also Everquest is doing so to. Id like to see a more serious game like Halo using it.


I doubt you're going to see technically impressive games using it. Project spark in no way looks impressive. It's art style is fantastic don't get me wrong but visually it's very much xbox live arcade this gen. The hardware just isn't there to take full advantage of it epecially for games that try to push the graphics boundaries further like Halo.



"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia


Selnor, are you Adinnieken's second account?  This is almost identical to a thread he had about a month ago.  You also have simmilar comments to his.  Just wondering???

 

OT - Guess we will have to wait till some actual games come out and admit that they are fully implementing this.



landguy1 said:
 


Selnor, are you Adinnieken's second account?  This is almost identical to a thread he had about a month ago.  You also have simmilar comments to his.  Just wondering???

 

OT - Guess we will have to wait till some actual games come out and admit that they are fully implementing this.

Y'know that assessment of selnor being adinnieken's second account isn't very far off of from what I was thinking LOL. 

@OT - I guess so but at the same time I doubt it. 



Around the Network

Interesting question, I notice during the NFL game talk on the Xbox One they talked about light reflecting through skin (like the way it really does.)

But when I usually see them release things, it usually takes about two years before you will actually see something in a game. Now, with Halo 4 winning most all of the graphics awards last year, I am sure they will be pushing Halo 5, and I think that might be the first place you actually see it.

But I think it will be at least another year or two, from now, before it starts showing up. Look at the game Crackdown from 2007, then compare it to Grand Theft Auto V. A gen will often still get better with the same hardware.

There is also much you can do with reflected light when you have a dedicated server - where you can pre calculate the light, then sent it compressed to the console and have it finish it.



 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Interesting question, I notice during the NFL game talk on the Xbox One they talked about light reflecting through skin (like the way it really does.)

But when I usually see them release things, it usually takes about two years before you will actually see something in a game. Now, with Halo 4 winning most all of the graphics awards last year, I am sure they will be pushing Halo 5, and I think that might be the first place you actually see it.

But I think it will be at least another year or two, from now, before it starts showing up. Look at the game Crackdown from 2007, then compare it to Grand Theft Auto V. A gen will often still get better with the same hardware.

There is also much you can do with reflected light when you have a dedicated server - where you can pre calculate the light, then sent it compressed to the console and have it finish it.

Woah there, you might want to read up on some more stuff before making that conclusion. :P



fatslob-:O said:
landguy1 said:
 


Selnor, are you Adinnieken's second account?  This is almost identical to a thread he had about a month ago.  You also have simmilar comments to his.  Just wondering???

 

OT - Guess we will have to wait till some actual games come out and admit that they are fully implementing this.

Y'know that assessment of selnor being adinnieken's second account isn't very far off of from what I was thinking LOL. 

@OT - I guess so but at the same time I doubt it. 


Obviously you guys havent been around that long. Selnor has been on VGC since 2008.

Sorry. Back when there were tons more Xbox fans and these forums were better balanced. 1 by 1 they left either to A) unfair mods ( Huge issue in 2010 ) and B) The Sony orientated articles that kept cropping up.

Ive seen some amazing posters leave for good.

I wish Seece was still around. Briliant poster.

Ive seen far more than you can possibly imagine.

And if you think things get remotely heated today, back when there was loads more Xbox fans this site had armys of fans on both sides shredding each other apart.

Nowadays its just a Sony site really. Any Xbox thread gets either A) no posters or B) Loads of Sony posters.

VGC aint what it used to be. :(



selnor1983 said:
fatslob-:O said:
landguy1 said:
 


Selnor, are you Adinnieken's second account?  This is almost identical to a thread he had about a month ago.  You also have simmilar comments to his.  Just wondering???

 

OT - Guess we will have to wait till some actual games come out and admit that they are fully implementing this.

Y'know that assessment of selnor being adinnieken's second account isn't very far off of from what I was thinking LOL. 

@OT - I guess so but at the same time I doubt it. 


Obviously you guys havent been around that long. Selnor has been on VGC since 2008.

Sorry. Back when there were tons more Xbox fans and these forums were better balanced. 1 by 1 they left either to A) unfair mods ( Huge issue in 2010 ) and B) The Sony orientated articles that kept cropping up.

Ive seen some amazing posters leave for good.

I wish Seece was still around. Briliant poster.

Ive seen far more than you can possibly imagine.

And if you think things get remotely heated today, back when there was loads more Xbox fans this site had armys of fans on both sides shredding each other apart.

Nowadays its just a Sony site really. Any Xbox thread gets either A) no posters or B) Loads of Sony posters.

VGC aint what it used to be. :(

Cool I couldn't care less about the history of the ps360 fanbase on this site since I'm agnostic. 



Did Seece leave again?



I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.