In my honest opinion the price drop down to $299.99 just isn't enough to turn the tide for Nintendo's Wii U in the face of the tremendously more powerful Playstation 4 and Xbox One. However, if Nintendo brings the price of the Deluxe Edition of the Wii U down to $250 in time for the holidays, they will win not only the Holiday Season but the Next Gen as well. Agree or Disagree?
Long live the proletariat! / Vive le prolétariat ! / ¡Viva el proletariado! / 无产阶级万岁! / プロレタリアート万歳！
Yes in terms of winning the winter, but they're not going to do that. I still don't think they can win the gen as a whole, I think with the Wii U is shaping out be a system only for nintendo fans. To me that means selling under 30m, add another 10m through the casual consumers and brand loyalty they gained with the wii, particularly pertaining to mariokart, wii sports etc. I don't see it passing 40m unless its under $199 in the next 2 years.
However both PS4,X1 will pass 50m IMO.
or an apple logo.
- Call of Duty: WWII Mutliplayer Info ? Divisions, War Mode and Headquarters Revealed
- Stardock CEO Clarifies Switch Comments : I Love It As A Gamer, But Our Games Are Based On PC Architecture
- Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Confirmed
- Call of Duty: WWII Reveal Trailer is Here, Features ?Actual In-Game Footage?
- Alien Isolation 2 Rumor May Not Be True After All
- Quake Champions New Video Showcases New Map- Ruins of Sarnath Arena
- Vivendi Will Attempt Hostile Takeover Of Ubisoft This Year- Report
- Prey Will Have Post Launch DLC, Game Will Require Multiple Playthroughs To See All Alien Powers
- Resident Evil 7?s Not A Hero DLC Will See Chris Redfield Handle Differently From Ethan
"tremendously more powerful"
Have to call a spade a spade. Wii U is only about as powerful techwise versus One and Four as Wii was to 3 and 360. And it's getting the same amount of love from third parties as Wii did.
"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"
That is not true. The difference this time will be much closer than the difference between the Wii and PS360. The Wii wasn't even HD, and couldn't run most of the engines used in the 7th gen, while the Wii U can run most of the engines that will be used in the 8th gen.
Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug
Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671
Add me! :)