Quantcast
Justice is served! MGR first week beat DmC first month!

Forums - Sales Discussion - Justice is served! MGR first week beat DmC first month!

MichiGen said:

These numbers might change. DmC had a very good 1st week here, then VGChartz decreased them,

These numbers are only an assumption, not the actual sales. And DmC is awesome by the way, playing it +60fps on my PC and can't wait for the Vergil's Downfall. I hope both of these games will sell good and they'll get a sequels.


You mean selling worst that DMC4's first week 5 years ago? Yea amazing week specially since Capcom lower their forecast from 2M to 1.2M.

Kojima already said worldwide sales are good and its talking about a sequel already. DmC is dead.



Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Wright said:

You have not answered my question. So this game is a shame because it has Metal Gear too in the title?

It is actually a card game.

How I can answer your question if I don't know the game...

Ohhhh it's a Yu-Gi-Oh! game... a shame even worst than Rising.


And Metal Gear: Ghost Babel is a shame too?



Wright said:
And Metal Gear: Ghost Babel is a shame too?

Oh God... You just list game nobody knows... you understand now nobody will remember about Rising because it's a shame for Metal Gear series... It's like Ghost Bable, Acid, etc... not added nothing to the franchise.

PD. Googling now Ghost Babel



a next gen. sequel of MGR would be awesome.

i feel bad for ninja theory. come back home and finish the heavenly sword trilogy.



Rafux said:

Real gaming won the battle of the hack and slash

Typical internet attitude. The game I prefer is real, and the other one isn't.

Haven't played either, but based on reviews and users comments online, DMC is a great game and MGR good, but not great/quite flawed. So no justice here. Probably just the power of the MG name, plus maybe how cool the whole cutting things looks (I'm buying it at some point cuz it seems awesome and haven't seen anything like it in any game). That doesn't make it the better game.



Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Wright said:
And Metal Gear: Ghost Babel is a shame too?

Oh God... You just list game nobody knows... you understand knows nobody will remember about Rising because it's a shame for Metal Gear series.


You could have answered ¬¬ My next game would have been Metal Gear: Portable Ops.

 

You haven't explained yourself why you find shameful Rising to Metal Gear series, without having played it. I'm not contradicting you or anything like that. I'm just curious about why.



Rafux said:

Real gaming won the battle of the hack and slash, thank you Platinum for giving us such awesome title and please keep making games that are just fun to play, no bullshit puzzles or backtracking, just a 6 hour rollercoster of fun badassery.

May Capcom see the light and hire you for DMC5.



BasilZero said:
Rafux said:
BasilZero said:
Turkish said:
BasilZero said:

Sorry but that difference isnt that huge...not brag worthy xD.

Devil May cry aint the same without this guy (even if he did make the disaster that is DMC2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideaki_Itsuno

Only reason(s) why MGR sold better than DMC was

1. DmC was developed by Ninja Theory (l0l) (the design goes well with this reason)
2. Metal Gear is a bigger series than Devil May Cry.

DmC is my 2nd favourite DMC game, I was really wrong about it, game is great.


Cant judge the game (talking about myself) cause I only saw 1 hr and 29 min of footage on YouTube of all the cutscenes in the game lol. The storyline was ok but there were so many points that would put it below DMC3, I'm planning to get the game but on PC though. Anyways since I CAN judge the storyline since yes I watched...the whole 1 hr and 29 min lol, I'm gonna rate the whole DMC series by storyline like this....

DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC4 > DmC > DMC2

As for gameplay I go by

DMC3 > DMC4 > DMC1 > DMC2

Cant wait to play DmC :)


Playing Hack ans Slash games for storyline... hahahaha good one mate.


You do realize those games have storyline right? I mean I am playing a character known as Dante who has a brother named Vergil and was the son of a demon and a human/angel depending on which game you played who has to defeat a evil demon king/emperor, a politician who wants to rule the world, a psychotic guy who wants to become god, a religious fanatic who wants to rule the world and not polygon man right?

Not sure why you are making fun of me unless you are one of those people who skip all the cutscenes which all I can do is l0l.

Anyways since you dont look at cutscenes since I assume from your post, here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trK_b0cM_uU


But DMC games are all about gameplay and by the way DMC4 had better gameplay than 3 since you could switch styles on the fly, story is there to carry on Dante from one combat zone to the next they don't take the main role, gameplay is the main thing. Same with my lovely crazy bitch Bayonetta, story was forgetable gamelpay was amazing.

If you want story and cinematic adventure with your HnS and not too deep gameplay GOW is the best but not for its combat mechanics.



Rafux said:
BasilZero said:
Rafux said:
BasilZero said:
Turkish said:
BasilZero said:

Sorry but that difference isnt that huge...not brag worthy xD.

Devil May cry aint the same without this guy (even if he did make the disaster that is DMC2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideaki_Itsuno

Only reason(s) why MGR sold better than DMC was

1. DmC was developed by Ninja Theory (l0l) (the design goes well with this reason)
2. Metal Gear is a bigger series than Devil May Cry.

DmC is my 2nd favourite DMC game, I was really wrong about it, game is great.


Cant judge the game (talking about myself) cause I only saw 1 hr and 29 min of footage on YouTube of all the cutscenes in the game lol. The storyline was ok but there were so many points that would put it below DMC3, I'm planning to get the game but on PC though. Anyways since I CAN judge the storyline since yes I watched...the whole 1 hr and 29 min lol, I'm gonna rate the whole DMC series by storyline like this....

DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC4 > DmC > DMC2

As for gameplay I go by

DMC3 > DMC4 > DMC1 > DMC2

Cant wait to play DmC :)


Playing Hack ans Slash games for storyline... hahahaha good one mate.


You do realize those games have storyline right? I mean I am playing a character known as Dante who has a brother named Vergil and was the son of a demon and a human/angel depending on which game you played who has to defeat a evil demon king/emperor, a politician who wants to rule the world, a psychotic guy who wants to become god, a religious fanatic who wants to rule the world and not polygon man right?

Not sure why you are making fun of me unless you are one of those people who skip all the cutscenes which all I can do is l0l.

Anyways since you dont look at cutscenes since I assume from your post, here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trK_b0cM_uU


But DMC games are all about gameplay and by the way DMC4 had better gameplay than 3 since you could switch styles on the fly, story is there to carry on Dante from one combat zone to the next they don't take the main role, gameplay is the main thing. Same with my lovely crazy bitch Bayonetta, story was forgetable gamelpay was amazing.

If you want story and cinematic adventure with your HnS and not too deep gameplay GOW is the best but not for its combat mechanics.


I dont look at one aspect by itself - again you are accusing me of just thinking of storyline. I rate my games based on these aspects

Storyline
Characters
Gameplay
Graphics
Sound
Music
Length
Replay Value
Player Value (Personal bias score)

I treat every single game like this unless its sports/racing I would make it n/a for those genres.

My point is , you are refusing to believe there's storyline in all the action games regardless of whether its through cinematics, the environment or the gameplay itself. I'm telling you that these games have BOTH storyline and gameplay.

As for everything you said that is just opinion and has nothing to do with my original post where I stated that Metal Gear is a bigger franchise than Devil May Cry.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Well it would be great to see Devil May Cry going back to the one who actually created it, Platinum Games co-founder, Kamiya Hideki. But the reason behind MGR's commercial success is the Metal Gear badge. It has little to do with Platinum Games quality.