Quantcast
Microsoft announces 10.4 mil by December 31st

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft announces 10.4 mil by December 31st

Monty Ok, I see that you refuse to point out where I said about: press release = tax document. Let's call you a liar then. Bye bye.



Around the Network

psorcerer said: Monty Ok, I see that you refuse to point out where I said about: press release = tax document. Let's call you a liar then. Bye bye.
To recap... I quoted a press clipping from an MS exec, and you countered by saying it was "tax fraud". It was quite a bizarre response to the article. And, as was pointed out, different companies can have different accounting methods.... so you're statement was wrong on many levels. Sorry... it happens to the best of us. Just today I tried to guess the size of a box and was off by 3"... so anybody can make a mistake! Keep you chin up!



Monty said: psorcerer said: Monty Ok, I see that you refuse to point out where I said about: press release = tax document. Let's call you a liar then. Bye bye. To recap... I quoted a press clipping from an MS exec, and you countered by saying it was "tax fraud". It was quite a bizarre response to the article.
Nope, it's untrue. You're making things up. Try not to write more bullshit when you address me, please.



psorcerer said: Monty said: psorcerer said: Monty Ok, I see that you refuse to point out where I said about: press release = tax document. Let's call you a liar then. Bye bye. To recap... I quoted a press clipping from an MS exec, and you countered by saying it was "tax fraud". It was quite a bizarre response to the article. Nope, it's untrue. You're making things up. Try not to write more bullshit when you address me, please.
If you want to claim that you didn't post a response about "tax fraud" in direct response to my posting an interview with Robbie Bach, then so be it... however, just know that anybody here can look at your first post in this thread and see otherwise. You're acting like it was a private conversation we had! And, for the record, I wasn't the only one who read it and thought it was a little crazy sounding. Why not go off on the other person that called you out about it?



Listen guys, there is no way that there have been 10 million 360s sold, no way The figures just don't add up! You can't start adding imaginary markets to try and make the figures up to whatever total you want. The truth is 3.8m in NA by November + 1.5m tops in December = 5.3m NA, around 300k in Japan and no more than 2.5m in Europe / Asia / Australia. That adds up to 8.1 million. The 10.4 million figure is pure fiction and good pr on M$ part. They aren't axactly going to announce less than 10m after promising 10m a 10m headstart on the competition. As it turns out, that headstart is now down to only 4 million. However you try to spin it M$ are in trouble here



Around the Network

DreamsCast said: Listen guys, there is no way that there have been 10 million 360s sold, no way The figures just don't add up! You can't start adding imaginary markets to try and make the figures up to whatever total you want. The truth is 3.8m in NA by November + 1.5m tops in December = 5.3m NA, around 300k in Japan and no more than 2.5m in Europe / Asia / Australia. That adds up to 8.1 million. The 10.4 million figure is pure fiction and good pr on M$ part. They aren't axactly going to announce less than 10m after promising 10m a 10m headstart on the competition. As it turns out, that headstart is now down to only 4 million. However you try to spin it M$ are in trouble here
Microsoft is "in trouble here"? MS is completely making up the 10.4 million figure? And some of you think I'm dellusional! As, I said before... I stay here for the entertainment... you guys do not disappoint!



Oh here's the person who has no idea about accounting practices. Actually I can kill two birds with one stone since why accounting practices are done a certain way and why we won't stock 200+. Let's look at best buy: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/54681.html They have approximately 300 stores and 150 million in profit a year. Which means profit per month is about $50k per store or 150 million / 300 stores / 12 months a year. To understand accrual accounting one needs to understand we buy enough stock of items for let's say in this case a year at the beginning of the year. But we only declare that we have bought enough for the month. This would seem like lying since we now have more items than we actually bought. According to Mr.Psorcerer I am committing tax fraud. He's wrong, this is just normal accrual accounting. He's thinking of cash based accounting, but we're not going to go into that because only companies that have no stock can do that (read Sony and Nintendo at the moment, not MS since they have stock). OK so in a year we obviously don't want to over buy so much it negates our profits. But let's pretend we're stupid and we'll make it exactly at our yearly profits or 50,000 x 12=600,000. Let's live in a magical world to simplify, we will have 100 types of items at $100 each. Normally note that they have many more types of items than 100 and more expensive than $100, so this is actually to the benefit of the moron who said 200+ xbox 360s. So to find our yearly budget of per item we do 600,000/100/100 = 60. This says of high ticket items per best buy we only want to carry around 60 of that item. That's a lot, you'll note again my numbers are inflated to the benefit of the moron. More likely the number should be 5 or less. Granted an XBox 360 is very very popular so a big ticket store might actually carry 20 or even possibly 50 because it's such a hot seller and they want the item in their store. Which means another big ticket item might only have 1 item or even "out of stock" as you have all seen before. Yes the Xbox is taking the place in their budget of that stereo you wanted, how sad. Eitherway, to say that they have 200+ means they have over $40k in dead inventory. So that would mean they stocked so many Xboxes they are willing to totally negate a months profit just in stocking xboxes. That's insane, unless they expected 200+ would sell in less than a month. In which case this would say that Xbox 360's are actually so hot they'd have well over 200 million sold. This all being said, Monty the reality is 8.3 million is a reasonable number to say are actually installed and being used in homes due to returns and unsold used items. But again, all the numbers are 100% wrong.

psorcerer said: Monty Ok, I see that you refuse to point out where I said about: press release = tax document. Let's call you a liar then. Bye bye.



someone said: Oh here's the person who has no idea about accounting practices. Actually I can kill two birds with one stone since why accounting practices are done a certain way and why we won't stock 200+. Let's look at best buy: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/54681.html They have approximately 300 stores and 150 million in profit a year. Which means profit per month is about $50k per store or 150 million / 300 stores / 12 months a year. To understand accrual accounting one needs to understand we buy enough stock of items for let's say in this case a year at the beginning of the year. But we only declare that we have bought enough for the month. This would seem like lying since we now have more items than we actually bought. According to Mr.Psorcerer I am committing tax fraud. He's wrong, this is just normal accrual accounting. He's thinking of cash based accounting, but we're not going to go into that because only companies that have no stock can do that (read Sony and Nintendo at the moment, not MS since they have stock). OK so in a year we obviously don't want to over buy so much it negates our profits. But let's pretend we're stupid and we'll make it exactly at our yearly profits or 50,000 x 12=600,000. Let's live in a magical world to simplify, we will have 100 types of items at $100 each. Normally note that they have many more types of items than 100 and more expensive than $100, so this is actually to the benefit of the moron who said 200+ xbox 360s. So to find our yearly budget of per item we do 600,000/100/100 = 60. This says of high ticket items per best buy we only want to carry around 60 of that item. That's a lot, you'll note again my numbers are inflated to the benefit of the moron. More likely the number should be 5 or less. Granted an XBox 360 is very very popular so a big ticket store might actually carry 20 or even possibly 50 because it's such a hot seller and they want the item in their store. Which means another big ticket item might only have 1 item or even "out of stock" as you have all seen before. Yes the Xbox is taking the place in their budget of that stereo you wanted, how sad. Eitherway, to say that they have 200+ means they have over $40k in dead inventory. So that would mean they stocked so many Xboxes they are willing to totally negate a months profit just in stocking xboxes. That's insane, unless they expected 200+ would sell in less than a month. In which case this would say that Xbox 360's are actually so hot they'd have well over 200 million sold. This all being said, Monty the reality is 8.3 million is a reasonable number to say are actually installed and being used in homes due to returns and unsold used items. But again, all the numbers are 100% wrong.
That's all nice. Except I'm not inclined to believe your reasoning cause you didn't do homework on BB. BB operates 1100 stores in NA. And also corporate income for last year was 1.1 Billion dollars, on revenues of 30.8 Billion dollars. Income is revenue less cost of revenue (i.e. all expenses to sell items, as in purchasing items directly from manufacturer and having them transported to the store) and also less the cost of selling, which is building, employees, and administrative expenses. This represents the actual cash on hand after paying for everything else to run your business. 150 million LMAO...yeah right. I'll go to BB this weekend and take some photos, post em on my myspace page, you can count for yourself.



Took me 1 minutes in google to find a pic of 360 stack. Looks like a big stack for me.



I like how Monty picked out one small little part from Wii_gamers post and totally ignored the rest. Hm... now why would you have done that Monty?