Quantcast
Locked: Is this the PS4 controller? And if so, would you like it?

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is this the PS4 controller? And if so, would you like it?

Do you think you would love this controller?

Y 39 29.55%
 
N 34 25.76%
 
Not sure 19 14.39%
 
Hope it's a prototype 32 24.24%
 
See results 8 6.06%
 
Total:132

 

It seems to have a Move thing as the light on top seems to show, and it has a Touch Screen in Front, and the joysticks seem to be made for better grip with more ease. And a built-in mono speakerphone, and it seems like it might have a mic too maybe.

Well, we should find out in less then 1 week, but what are your thoughts?



Around the Network

Sorry, already posted



Not sure. I will see when the final design comes. I'm not crazy about the D-pad. Even the vita one has this special circle around it so it can slide. That one looks crude.

To be honest, the whole thing just feels unecessary. Dual shock is great already. The change to the shape of the analog sticks i can understand, but D-pad needs working. The pad thing... is to make it feel like the Vita when changing menus? Oh well... its not like its a deal breaker or something. I just dont see the point or what use it will have.



I'm sure it will be fine but Sony really needs to embrace the better design Microsoft has been using for a while now. The left thumb stick really needs to be positioned up more, science has already shown it makes the controller better.



pezus said:
Sorry, already posted


Yeah, I thought I took too long LOL.

Could you post a link for me.



Around the Network
scat398 said:
I'm sure it will be fine but Sony really needs to embrace the better design Microsoft has been using for a while now. The left thumb stick really needs to be positioned up more, science has already shown it makes the controller better.


Yeah, if both the GameCube & Xbox can have it, then there shouldn't be any legal reason for Playstation to not do it. And we really need the control layout with the Left Analog up, while having the right analog below, it always optimizes the control for gaming.

I would also like it, if the Wii U had its Pro Controller like the GameCube controller, but luckily NYKO has made one. So maybe NYKO will make such a controller for the PS4.



Kaizar said:
pezus said:
Sorry, already posted


Yeah, I thought I took too long LOL.

Could you post a link for me.


http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155096&page=16#3



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Kaizar said:
scat398 said:
I'm sure it will be fine but Sony really needs to embrace the better design Microsoft has been using for a while now. The left thumb stick really needs to be positioned up more, science has already shown it makes the controller better.


Yeah, if both the GameCube & Xbox can have it, then there shouldn't be any legal reason for Playstation to not do it. And we really need the control layout with the Left Analog up, while having the right analog below, it always optimizes the control for gaming.

I would also like it, if the Wii U had its Pro Controller like the GameCube controller, but luckily NYKO has made one. So maybe NYKO will make such a controller for the PS4.

Hell no, let the Playstation controller be the Playstation controller. If people want that layout, I am sure another company will supply it, but I want my official controller to be layed out like a Playstation. 

Personally, I feel much more in control with the DS because my thumb is in a power position, compared to crammed right next to my index finger. I find extensive use of the left bumper on the 360 controller very uncomfortable. Both layouts work fine, and I would rather each company just leave their controllers alone as far as that part of the layout is concerned.

OP:
I really like that. If it is the real deal I am very exited. The touch pad IMO is even better than the touch screen, as I can keep my eyes on the main screen, while adding swipe and scroll controls. A mic and mike are a must have after what they brought to Wii games, and if that light on top is for Move like control, total orgasim. This contoller looks like the best of all worlds, a true evolution in controls, without reinventing the wheel.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

scat398 said:
I'm sure it will be fine but Sony really needs to embrace the better design Microsoft has been using for a while now. The left thumb stick really needs to be positioned up more, science has already shown it makes the controller better.

What science is that and why does it only work for the left stick?



Maybe.