By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is this the PS4 controller? And if so, would you like it?

Do you think you would love this controller?

Y 39 29.55%

N 34 25.76%

Not sure 19 14.39%

Hope it's a prototype 32 24.24%

See results 8 6.06%

Total:132
DemoniOtaku said:
Here's really for what all those features are...

lol, that would be funny but no! used games are not going to be blocked.

Around the Network

I think it looks kinda cheap. Like a third party controller. Having said that, the joysticks finally have that little dip where your thumbs can rest instead of the awful mushroom/muffin top design and the controller looks bigger! You can strafe hard left and aim hard right without your hands touching! An improvement over the dual shock.

Come the 20th we will all know.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

I am liking this prototype controller very, very much!

Move is integrated, a speaker is integrated, a headphone jack is integrated. And then we also have the touchpad, the handles have a different shape that seem to be more comfortable than the previous ones (debatable until we get a proper hands-on) and the analogue joysticks are both concave and convex for better gripping (hopefully they'll also be a bit less loose).

If the L2 and R2 triggers are proper triggers too, this is a fucking fantastic controller, while at the same time being familiar and relatable. I am soooooo glad they have gone the iteration way of improving the controller. Super hyped!

Spedfrom said:

Move is integrated, a speaker is integrated

So intergrated Kinect bad but wen a controller looks to have move on it its all good? Somewhat biased.

I'm quoting you but I'm not targetting you. Just the ony fans who hated on the 720 thread over kinect yet act as if this is the second coming of Jesus, or whoever you're into.

Around the Network

It looks good but the final version will look much sexier.

Nem said:
Not sure. I will see when the final design comes. I'm not crazy about the D-pad. Even the vita one has this special circle around it so it can slide. That one looks crude.

To be honest, the whole thing just feels unecessary. Dual shock is great already. The change to the shape of the analog sticks i can understand, but D-pad needs working. The pad thing... is to make it feel like the Vita when changing menus? Oh well... its not like its a deal breaker or something. I just dont see the point or what use it will have.

DS needs 3 things I think.  Triggers, Vita Dpad only bigger, and larger controller overall.  This is my dream controller.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

scat398 said:
I'm sure it will be fine but Sony really needs to embrace the better design Microsoft has been using for a while now. The left thumb stick really needs to be positioned up more, science has already shown it makes the controller better.

I'm sorry buy I just have to say this is not true.  The xbox design makes nothing easier!  

Btw try imagining Heavy Rain on the xbox.  Those seans where you have to press a million buttons at once... Not gonna happen.  On the xbox to press the D-Pad or any ABXY button, you have to completely remove one of your thumbs.

On the Playstation controller I can quickly press any button with no issues.  

P.S.  I PC game with a 360 controller every day so I think it is fine.  However anyone who says the Playstation design is flawed, doesn't play any complicated seriosly, and/or is closed mined.

Obviously a prototype.

Touchpad is useless, and it's overall quite ugly, but comfort is key, and the analog sticks, plasic on the outside, and improved triggers make me happy.

I want this controller without the touchpad and move thing.