Quantcast
[NSMB2] "Software Global Lifetime Prediction Sales of 2013"

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [NSMB2] "Software Global Lifetime Prediction Sales of 2013"

tbone51 said:

Good luck to all and remember its the end of this year including the 7.46mil sales it already has of this post!!!

Predict away fellow members..

Pineapple said:

You're all predicting incredibly high numbers. Neither NSMB DS nor MKDS ever managed 5 million outside of their launch year. MKDS' highest was 4.35 million, and NSMB DS' highest was 4.9 million.

Considering both those happened in years the DS sold 30 million, predicting that NSMB 2 should sell 7 million in a year the 3DS is likely to sell 20 million is simply insane. Anything above 10 million in very optimistic. Above 11 is even more optimistic, and predicting above 12 million means you're predicting this game will be the arguably biggest success any game has ever been.

Let's put it like this. All the major DS games saw 4-5 million in their second year, barring Nintendogs (which did over 6, but it was a completely unique situation) and Mario Kart DS (which did 3.1 million). The 3DS isn't selling quite as amazing as the DS was, so 4 million is the very top. I'm predicting 3.8 million for NSMB2, 3.5 million for MK7 and 3.2 million for 3DLand in 2013.

That puts NSMB 2 up to 8.9 million at the end of 2013.

 

Am I reading the OP wrong? I'm thinking he means 7.46m + whatever we think it'll do this year?

7.46m + 3.8m = 11.26m not 8.9m



Around the Network
retroking1981 said:
tbone51 said:

Good luck to all and remember its the end of this year including the 7.46mil sales it already has of this post!!!

Predict away fellow members..

Pineapple said:

You're all predicting incredibly high numbers. Neither NSMB DS nor MKDS ever managed 5 million outside of their launch year. MKDS' highest was 4.35 million, and NSMB DS' highest was 4.9 million.

Considering both those happened in years the DS sold 30 million, predicting that NSMB 2 should sell 7 million in a year the 3DS is likely to sell 20 million is simply insane. Anything above 10 million in very optimistic. Above 11 is even more optimistic, and predicting above 12 million means you're predicting this game will be the arguably biggest success any game has ever been.

Let's put it like this. All the major DS games saw 4-5 million in their second year, barring Nintendogs (which did over 6, but it was a completely unique situation) and Mario Kart DS (which did 3.1 million). The 3DS isn't selling quite as amazing as the DS was, so 4 million is the very top. I'm predicting 3.8 million for NSMB2, 3.5 million for MK7 and 3.2 million for 3DLand in 2013.

That puts NSMB 2 up to 8.9 million at the end of 2013.

 

Am I reading the OP wrong? I'm thinking he means 7.46m + whatever we think it'll do this year?

7.46m + 3.8m = 11.26m not 8.9m



its not you,i made a mistake wit MK7 #s lol.... My bad!



9.09 million.



tbone51 said:

its not you,i made a mistake wit MK7 #s lol.... My bad!


Ah, cool.

In that case put me down for 8.53m



retroking1981 said:
tbone51 said:

its not you,i made a mistake wit MK7 #s lol.... My bad!


Ah, cool.

In that case put me down for 8.53m



ok adding ya



Around the Network
retroking1981 said:
tbone51 said:

its not you,i made a mistake wit MK7 #s lol.... My bad!


Ah, cool.

In that case put me down for 8.53m



got ya in dont forget to predict in the other two threads (SM3DL and FE awakening!)




bumping...



tbone51 said:


bumping...

Make a new one already!



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:


bumping...

Make a new one already!



im only making one more today! Then its one a day!!! Look out 4 it, it'll come soon!



12.4m



Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M