Quantcast
Halo 4 1st Week Sales are Up - Lets Talk about it.

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 1st Week Sales are Up - Lets Talk about it.

kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:

Yes it can. It can mean limited editions, legendary editions, don't know if they are including console bundles in this or what else really.

So not as simple as $60 million because a standard copy sells 1 million.

Black Ops II generated more revenue day 1 than MW3, yet, it probably sold less.

You just proved it. The average SKU price is lower for this Halo. 

How do you know that?



Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:

Yes it can. It can mean limited editions, legendary editions, don't know if they are including console bundles in this or what else really.

So not as simple as $60 million because a standard copy sells 1 million.

Black Ops II generated more revenue day 1 than MW3, yet, it probably sold less.

You just proved it. The average SKU price is lower for this Halo. 

How do you know that?

You should've visited the other threads about Halo's first day sales.

This time Halo has one SKU (the most expensive one) less than previous Halo games. That's the only difference there is.



kowenicki said:
Dampfi said:
Argh_College said:
1
Halo 4 (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
3,798,209 3,798,209 1

The only thing i can say is that the tracking for this game was bad.

220m in sales day 1 equals to 3.3m and the >300m on week 1 points to > 4m in sales. i thought VGC would know this by now and also keep in mind that over 4m players played this game in the first five days, still many milions not conected to Xbox Live.

I will wait for official data since i dont believe this game sold less than Halo 3, meanwhile i will be playing this masterpiece.

I think 4 million players doesn´t neccessarily equal 4 million different players ;)

To counter that, not everyone plays online. 

Rentals, Piracy.

As for revenue. Who knows? Maybe there were more bundles than we thought. Maybe MS counted the copies THEY sold, instead of copies RETAILERS sold.



kowenicki said:
Dampfi said:
Argh_College said:
1
Halo 4 (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
3,798,209 3,798,209 1

The only thing i can say is that the tracking for this game was bad.

220m in sales day 1 equals to 3.3m and the >300m on week 1 points to > 4m in sales. i thought VGC would know this by now and also keep in mind that over 4m players played this game in the first five days, still many milions not conected to Xbox Live.

I will wait for official data since i dont believe this game sold less than Halo 3, meanwhile i will be playing this masterpiece.

I think 4 million players doesn´t neccessarily equal 4 million different players ;)

To counter that, not everyone plays online. 


But how can they tell if 4 million have played the game offline, despite meaning 4 million copies sold? I just think they would have said 4 million copies sold if they had really meant that.



We know it sold less then Halo 3 and Reach in UK, and must of likely in rest of EU as well. So in NPD we will know for sure if its overtracked or not.



Around the Network

It sold better than any Halo in aus



kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:

Tagging.

Revenue can mean a lot of things though.


It can? I thought it meant the amount of gross money taken. i.e. sell 1m at $60 then you have $60million. Actually, yes... that's all it ever means. 

Yes it can. It can mean limited editions, legendary editions, don't know if they are including console bundles in this or what else really.

So not as simple as $60 million because a standard copy sells 1 million.

Black Ops II generated more revenue day 1 than MW3, yet, it probably sold less.

You just proved it. The average SKU price is lower for this Halo. 

Do you know the sales split vs. Halo 3 sales split? If not, you don't know the average SKU price...



defiantly undertracked



shanbcn said:
We know it sold less then Halo 3 and Reach in UK, and must of likely in rest of EU as well. So in NPD we will know for sure if its overtracked or not.

do npd track limited edition and games bundled with hardware



ZaneWane said:
shanbcn said:
We know it sold less then Halo 3 and Reach in UK, and must of likely in rest of EU as well. So in NPD we will know for sure if its overtracked or not.

do npd track limited edition and games bundled with hardware

Nope, but they didn't do that with Halo 3 or Reach either so the comparison will be fair.