Quantcast
"Wii U hardware is on par with current gen consoles"

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Wii U hardware is on par with current gen consoles"

Your reaction?

WHAT THE FUCK! 184 99.46%
 
Total:184

Hardly suprising they already did it with DS, 3DS and Wii



PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

This is of no surprise to me because I don't consider Wii U part of a new generation. I consider it on par with Move/Kinect. It's this gen part II. Sure Nintendo is pretty damn late to the party now and for once I agree with Pachter that Nintendo needed to have released this two years ago.

However, the really good part, is because Wii U is no real threat to 360/PS3 they will try to squeeze every cent they can out of this gen (to pay off the immense loses they both took) before jumping into what truly will be next gen systems. When they do, it'll likely be MS first in 2014, Sony 2015 and Nintendo 2016,

Since Nintendo's value proposition is unique, innovative features they can then do whatever craziness they want with the next system and MS/Sony will already be firmly entrenched in the direction they took and unable to respond.



 

so far means he is talking about the 4th or the 5th dev kit if I'm not mistaken. So I don't think it's the earliest dev kits and must be quite close to the finalized version given the release time frame. I also think many actually 'hoped' it would be significantly more powerful than the current gen given how old current gen is. the slightly more powerful aspect came up in the recent rumors

but I agree that we should wait for it to come out. At E3 we should see enough to come to a better conclusion



In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I jjust don't see how how it couldn't be stronger the ps3 and 360 are 5-6 years old and I don't really believe nintendo is using hardware that old. I guess well just have to see.



Nintendo with the Wii have make the best graphical games on any SD console, i still believe that will happen with Wii U, where nintendo will make some of the best looking games on HD consoles, not conting on Nexgen HD (720,PS4), and since the usual 5 year lifecycle that nintendo takes for its home consoles it's all about next quote:

Gamerace said:

However, the really good part, is because Wii U is no real threat to 360/PS3 they will try to squeeze every cent they can out of this gen (to pay off the immense loses they both took) before jumping into what truly will be next gen systems. When they do, it'll likely be MS first in 2014, Sony 2015 and Nintendo 2016,


Then, again I believe that with wii u being a conection generation to next gen (PS4,720), in 2016 they will put one of the most powerfull consoles. If not i don't care, even when i've PS3 and 360 a year ago, when i went playing Wii first party games i still enjoyed the games and their graphics.



Around the Network

This doesn't bother me.

How good to graphics have to be? Isn't at the point where the graphics on all of the systems are going to be pretty darned good?

The gameplay of the games is what matters to me.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I knew that this was gonna be the case. This is the best that we've gotten so far as "rumors" go.

Everyone has been jumping up and down about the Wii-U being more powerful than the PS360 and saying "they gotta keep up with next-gen!" and what other BS they were hoping for. This simply isn't the case, nor did I ever think it was going to be. Nintendo found out with the Wii that they don't need powerful graphics to sell tons of hardware.

I'll be honest and say I'm really disappointed as I was hoping it'd be a few notches up from where we are currently. Even if we just had better AA in the games that'd be a big advantage. E3 is coming up, so we'll know for sure, but I'm fully expecting games to looks exactly like current-gen games.



I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

I'm pretty sure nintendo is doing exactly that in order to cash in. Their system can be cheaper to make, with a lower price point. They are getting an early head start and competing with the 360 and PS3 for graphically similar titles until their next consoles come a year or two later. PS3 will probably still have games coming out after but now they have to compete with Wii U which will probably eat up the last gen market share Sony was looking for. While next gen Xbox and PS are trying to start hitting full swing, Nintendo will be attempting to lure over 3rd party developers to make games for their system because its cheaper to make old tech games and Nintendo will have a larger user base before Xbox or PS can catch up. The market was always hard up to handle three consoles at the same tech level, that's why I thought it was bad for gamers that Microsoft released the Xbox, and if it wasn't for the success of the 360 and Nintendo cashing in on last gen level tech with the Wii, we might have seen a console failure. Its looking like the same thing next gen with Nintendo. Its not that the Wii U won't have amazing games, this gen has produced a ton a great games and the Wii U's hardware will probably be able to continue that even further in addition to tablet controls. For some gamers that won't be what they want and they will look towards the more powerful systems where all the new game engines will shine, also opening up new things for gaming, just more expensive.

I'm not surprised Nintendo is doing this, they did it with the Wii after the gamecube, sadly, fell under the market. Just because our tech keeps on moving fast, doesn't mean the market is keeping up with it.



Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Gamerace said:

This is of no surprise to me because I don't consider Wii U part of a new generation. I consider it on par with Move/Kinect. It's this gen part II. Sure Nintendo is pretty damn late to the party now and for once I agree with Pachter that Nintendo needed to have released this two years ago.

However, the really good part, is because Wii U is no real threat to 360/PS3 they will try to squeeze every cent they can out of this gen (to pay off the immense loses they both took) before jumping into what truly will be next gen systems. When they do, it'll likely be MS first in 2014, Sony 2015 and Nintendo 2016,

Since Nintendo's value proposition is unique, innovative features they can then do whatever craziness they want with the next system and MS/Sony will already be firmly entrenched in the direction they took and unable to respond.





Mad55 said:
I jjust don't see how how it couldn't be stronger the ps3 and 360 are 5-6 years old and I don't really believe nintendo is using hardware that old. I guess well just have to see.