Quantcast
Recommend me PC Exclusives

Forums - PC Discussion - Recommend me PC Exclusives

Hi, im mostly a PS3 and handheld gamer, but during work i now play PC games at lunch times, just finished the first Mass effect as it wasnt on PS3 and now playing oblivion as the PS3 version doesnt have trophies. 

But looking around on steam im already finding it hard to find games that ive not already got on PS3 to play. So could you reccomend me some PC exclusives that you think are great. 



Around the Network

Half Life 2 :P You can get it very cheap on steam and its awesome ;D



what genres you looking for?



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

what genres you looking for?

 

Any genre really except for sports. My favourites i guess are Adventure, Rpg, Racing, Shooter, but i also like strategy.

I should also mention i already have CIV5, Half life series and Minecraft, but thats pretty much it except for a few indie titles, from things like the humble bundle.



Since you liked the original Mass Effect, you should definitely get Mass Effect 2. It stands up as my favourite PC game of the last couple of years.

EDIT: It's not a PC exclusive, but it will be much better on PC if you can import your ME1 save data.



(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gamrReview - Arthur Kabrick | My All-Time Top 50 | 2013 Metascores

                                        

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
zarx said:

what genres you looking for?

 

Any genre really except for sports. My favourites i guess are Adventure, Rpg, Racing, Shooter, but i also like strategy.

I should also mention i already have CIV5, Half life series and Minecraft, but thats pretty much it except for a few indie titles, from things like the humble bundle.

A couple other questions, will you be playing any online multiplayer or are you looking for exclusively singleplayer games, Also how important are graphics to you any eversion to PS1 level graphics lol? Oh and would that be action or point and click adventure?

As for some stock reccomendations off the top of my head Mount & Blade: warband, Magicka, try some Spiderwebsoftware RPGs they have big demos, Starcraft 2, the Witcher, Total War series and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series 

As always read some reviews and when possible try some demos before buying is always advisable



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Xenostar said:
zarx said:

what genres you looking for?

 

Any genre really except for sports. My favourites i guess are Adventure, Rpg, Racing, Shooter, but i also like strategy.

I should also mention i already have CIV5, Half life series and Minecraft, but thats pretty much it except for a few indie titles, from things like the humble bundle.

A couple other questions, will you be playing any online multiplayer or are you looking for exclusively singleplayer games, Also how important are graphics to you any eversion to PS1 level graphics lol? Oh and would that be action or point and click adventure?

As for some stock reccomendations off the top of my head Mount & Blade: warband, Magicka, try some Spiderwebsoftware RPGs they have big demos, Starcraft 2, the Witcher, Total War series and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series 

As always read some reviews and when possible try some demos before buying is always advisable

Im more of a single player gamer, but not adverse to online games, also im not that bothered about graphics. For adventure games i guess i mean action like Uncharted and Ass Creed and the like, ive done my fair share of point and clicks in the past, struggle to get away with them these days, got sam and max season 2 free on PSN but the dialogue just dont seem as funny as it did back in the day.

Id forgotton about starcraft 2 with it not being on steam so ill definatley look into that, and the witcher looks interesting.



Kantor said:

Since you liked the original Mass Effect, you should definitely get Mass Effect 2. It stands up as my favourite PC game of the last couple of years.

EDIT: It's not a PC exclusive, but it will be much better on PC if you can import your ME1 save data.


Unfortunatley i played ME2 on PS3 first lol, then decided to play ME1 afterwards just to re live my interactive comic choices :)

I was quite surprised how differnt the 2 games were in terms of game mechanics, they made alot of changes, i think 2 is still my favourite, even tho 1 felt more epic.



Crysis 1. Almost everyone only cares about it for its graphics and says the gameplay is pretty mediocre or boring, but I've played the campaign through 5 or so times and still enjoy going back and messing around in different scenarios. Crysis Warhead is good too but it's more on the linear side.

STALKER if you want a longer SP experience with a lot more depth. Think of Fallout... but a lot more intense.

The Orange Box: Half life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal (get you ready for Portal 2!!!), Team Fortress 2... For $20 on Steam right now. How can you go wrong?

TES IV Oblivion: Get you ready for Skyrim! Plus this one has a load of mods to extend gameplay on the PC.

Metro 2033: It's like Stalker but a lot more focused and linear. If you've got a machine up to the task it has interior graphics unrivalled on any platform.

Cryostasis: A lot like Metro 2033 in terms of being very atmospheric (and a resource hog). The game is pretty buggy though and the hardware requirements are through the roof in comparison to what is actually going on in the game... so I'd look it up some more before committing.

Starcraft 2: Need I say more?

I'm running out of time so I'll just list the rest without description and priase

Shogun 2

The Witcher

Civilizations 5

And that's just off the top of my head. There are a few notable free to play titles out there and sequels to a lot of the games I listed above coming... Not to mention MMO's like Rift, SW:TOR, Guild Wars 2...

Also if you get a chance and want to share some of your PC gaming bliss please do contribute to the PC Gaming Screenshot thread. ( http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127105 )

Cheers!



Any of the Total War series should scratch your strategy itch, as well as the more hardcore Pardox titles like Europa Universalis and Victoria 2. There are also a ton of RTSes, like the Dawn of War series, Company of Heroes, World in Conflict etc etc.

For RPGs all of the old Infinity Engine games like Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Icewind Dale etc are available for cheap on gog.com- there's a ton of mods for them as well which make them more better-looking and more enjoyable to play. Neverwinter Nights 2 recently appeared on Steam, but it's been on sale a couple of times, so might be worth waiting on that one. Also look out for some newer excellent European RPGs such as Drakensang, Risen, The Witcher and Divinity 2 as well as real old school indie ones like the Eschalon and GeneForge series.

Not exclusives, but the PC versions of Left 4 Dead and its sequel and Team Fortress 2 are light years ahead of the console versions. Other good exclusive shooters include STALKER, Killing Floor, Arma 2, Red Orchestra, Crysis and Amnesia (not really a shooter, but pantwettingly scary and has just received a free extra campaign).