Quantcast
More ipads sold per week than all mac models put together

Forums - Sales Discussion - More ipads sold per week than all mac models put together

unlike consoles or even Mac, iPad doesn't replace anything nor is effective in doing anything.



Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
disolitude said:
How long do you think they can sustain these kinds of sales?

I mean the product is new, its hot...and the Apple user base will buy anything Apple. But once the stylish, artists and unemployed students get their Ipad fill...how will this thing sell?

Anybody?

as price goes down sales will go up, and they will update the hardware like with the iphone



dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

kingofwale said:
unlike consoles or even Mac, iPad doesn't replace anything nor is effective in doing anything.

the survey said some costumes think they dont need a laptop/netbook/pc after getting a ipad, i think it could replace a Nintendo DS in th future.



dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

ameratsu said:
disolitude said:
How long do you think they can sustain these kinds of sales?

I mean the product is new, its hot...and the Apple user base will buy anything Apple. But once the stylish, artists and unemployed students get their Ipad fill...how will this thing sell?

Anybody?


I'm still waiting for this thing to show up in Canada so I can try it, but...

As an internet browsing device / email / media player it's probably a nice little device. It does ~90% of what people buy netbooks for, I just question how good the keyboard is relative to a netbook. I also think the iPad could gain popularity among older computer users who are frustrated with the clunky and excessively complicated Windows OS. An iPad is used in a different fashion than a netbook/laptop (tablet vs. clamshell) as well, and may gain some fans that way. You aren't being prudent enough disolitude if you think only artists and hipsters are buying ipads.


As a working man, I just can't think of spending the money they are asking on a device like this. This thing is 700 bucks here in Canada for a 16 GB 3G model. Now for that money you can buy a very good laptop that does much more. What are you going to do with 16 gigs?

So I really can't imagine the mass market welcoming this product with open arms... But I could be wrong.



If true, I really have no faith in humanity. I can't believe people would pay that much for so little. Sure the apps and user interface are nice, but for something that is supposed to partially replace a laptop, its so gimped and expensive.



Around the Network
disolitude said:
ameratsu said:
disolitude said:
How long do you think they can sustain these kinds of sales?

I mean the product is new, its hot...and the Apple user base will buy anything Apple. But once the stylish, artists and unemployed students get their Ipad fill...how will this thing sell?

Anybody?


I'm still waiting for this thing to show up in Canada so I can try it, but...

As an internet browsing device / email / media player it's probably a nice little device. It does ~90% of what people buy netbooks for, I just question how good the keyboard is relative to a netbook. I also think the iPad could gain popularity among older computer users who are frustrated with the clunky and excessively complicated Windows OS. An iPad is used in a different fashion than a netbook/laptop (tablet vs. clamshell) as well, and may gain some fans that way. You aren't being prudent enough disolitude if you think only artists and hipsters are buying ipads.


As a working man, I just can't think of spending the money they are asking on a device like this. This thing is 700 bucks here in Canada for a 16 GB 3G model. Now for that money you can buy a very good laptop that does much more. What are you going to do with 16 gigs?

So I really can't imagine the mass market welcoming this product with open arms... But I could be wrong.

is so expensive and it does less than a net book, i cant understand  why this sells so much



dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Apple will need a lot more than iDevices to stop Nintendo.



Keep making fun of the product's name. Keep saying that it doesn't do anything. Keep calling it a fad. I'm assuming none of you own any major tech firms, and your words are meaningless.
What I am really hoping is that people who matter are not listening to you, and are readying a serious and aggressive plan to push back at Apple. What we do not need right now is another market where Apple gets a multi-year head start before other companies catch on and begin to take that market seriously.
I mean, they've already done this twice before in the past decade. At what point to people stop making fun of what they produce, and instead actively set out to one-up them before they run away with the market?



Bamboleo said:
Apple will need a lot more than iDevices to stop Nintendo.

 

Nobody mentioned Nintendo...  except you. How surprising.

 

@Disolitude: You could have made the same argument for other successful devices, including the iPhone. An iPhone does less than my Nokia smartphone, but it's a much easier device to use and is arguably better than my phone despite it having 'less' features. I warn against comparing a netbook against an ipad on a feature by feature basis as I can only assume a large amount of those 'features' go unnoticed and unused by many end users. Of course from a tech perspective, there are lots of devices that are better for less money. But ease of use, intuitive OS, Apple image and massive hype means this has a great chance of being very successful for Apple.

I just ask you and others to approach this from another prespective. Not everyone is tech savvy or uses their computer for anything beyond the basics, or they may not be happy with the form factor of netbooks or desktops. Apple may find a market with people who want a simple computer that's more familiar than traditional computer designs.



Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

radha said:

Apple is selling more than 200,000 iPads per week.Which means, according to RBC Capital Markets analyst Mike Abramsky, that sales of the company’s new device have outpaced those of the Mac in the United States and are closing in on those of the iPhone 3GS.

 

“We believe Apple is now selling >200k iPads/week, greater than US Macs (est. 110k Macs/week) and just below US iPhone 3GS first quart (246k/week).”

source

 

i didnt believe ipads would affect gaming much because i find it too expensive, but if it keeps selling like this it will become a something nintento has to worry about and could drive sony out of the handheld market. Also note that since PC gaming is no as big as before, and the fact that out of those that bought an ipad "a study found that of the 44 percent who would not buy a notebook, 24 percent would not buy a MacBook, while the other 20 percent would not purchase a PC."i believe the ipad could steal the most PC gaming market and in the long run could affect consoles.

 

source

Just as a primer, it's probably worth mentioning that the iPhone's attach rate is greater than 60. Of course, most of that is almost assuredly free apps and things that cost .99, but still... 60. I mean, goodness. I'll be interested to see if the iPad can meet or best that.

Second, the last time we recieved word (2008), the PC gaming market was still growing, not shrinking. Of course, it's almost assuredly growing mostly on the back of MMOs and casual games, which apparently "don't count" for many people.

http://techliberation.com/2008/07/15/pc-game-software-sales-actually-growing/

We recieved less absolute reports in 2009, like this one.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58497



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">