- A male gamer
- United States
- Joined on October 5th 2010, last online on 27 April 2017.
- Profile Views: 34,801
- Forum posts: 3,715 times which averages 1 posts per day
- User Reviews: 0 reviews
- VG$ 2,250.00
today must have been a sad day for you
There's a few major reasons. IMO it breaks the game.
Sorry in advance for wall of text. But You asked ^_^.
The game is quite fun, though it is a technical mess
1) The battlesystem is the the best part of the game. Those garbs and weapons are about double stats of any other garb you can get at the start of the game. Some also have really OP abilities (Like, Cloud or Aerith Costume). At minimum you're twice as strong as you should be, even with the worst of those bonus garbs.
2) Indirectly this leads to a lot more EP, and Time especially at the start of the game. This is why some people ended up with so much time. Since you're OP in battle you kill enemies quicker which means you take less damage and get more EP. In this game you donít get healed after every battle. Gil, and EP is limited, so in order to heal yourself. You need to spend gil, EP, or Time. This removes the need to think if you need to save EP for Curaga, or Overclock in a battle.
3) It ruins garb/weapon progression. Since you already have weapons and garbs that are better than 90% of the game. Thereís no reason (other than achievements) to buy all those other garbs or weapons.
You don't get lightning returns til its on sale right?
You emulate PS2 games right? Widescreen Hacks ftw!
I've heard if you play as Milla in Xillia you miss out on important things. But I don't know if I'm going to play it twice the only tales I liked enough to go through twice was abyss. Is it that big of a deal>?