Quantcast
NPD November: X360 #1 - 1.7M, PS3 900k~,Wii - 860k, 3DS 795k

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November: X360 #1 - 1.7M, PS3 900k~,Wii - 860k, 3DS 795k



Points of Interest:

Microsoft announced they sold 800,000 units on Black Friday itself and 960,000 total for the week.
Nintendo announced they sold 500,000 units on Black Friday itself.

Big software releases this month were Modern Warfare 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Halo CEA, Uncharted 3, Zelda SS and Saints Row 3.

VGChartz Preview

November Hardware:

Xbox 360 - 1,700,000
Wii - 860,000
PS3 - 900,000

3DS - 795,000
DS - 350,000
PSP -

November Software:

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 3 - 9 mill
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Battlefield 3
4. Assassins Creed: Revelations
5. Just Dance 3
6. Madden 12
7. Uncharted 3 - 700k
8. Saints Row: The Third
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
10. Batman: Arkham City

Outside top 10

SM3DL - Over 625k



2011 NPD Releases:
Threads - Jan - Feb - Mar - April - May - June - July - Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov -
Previews  - Jan - Feb - Mar - April - May - June - July - Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov -
Results - Jan - Feb - Mar - April - May - June - July - Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov -



 

Nice.



The VGC 360 numbers look a bit too high imo, still within margin of error but I am finding it a bit hard to believe that 360 did 720k in 3 weeks outside BF? Ah.. MW3 bundles, now it's not too impossible, but still slightly high.

Significant difference between VGC and pachter DS numbers.. But according to his data DS sold almost on par with 3DS despite there being a slight price difference in the US and the DS being discontinued - 3DS having BC on top.

Interesting month.



Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Wow, they're predicting high numbers for DS



NotStan said:
The VGC 360 numbers look a bit too high imo, still within margin of error but I am finding it a bit hard to believe that 360 did 720k in 3 weeks outside BF? Ah.. MW3 bundles, now it's not too impossible, but still slightly high.

Significant difference between VGC and pachter DS numbers.. But according to his data DS sold almost on par with 3DS despite there being a slight price difference in the US and the DS being discontinued - 3DS having BC on top.

Interesting month.

720k is less than it did in the first 3 weeks of last November



 

Seece said:
NotStan said:
The VGC 360 numbers look a bit too high imo, still within margin of error but I am finding it a bit hard to believe that 360 did 720k in 3 weeks outside BF? Ah.. MW3 bundles, now it's not too impossible, but still slightly high.

Significant difference between VGC and pachter DS numbers.. But according to his data DS sold almost on par with 3DS despite there being a slight price difference in the US and the DS being discontinued - 3DS having BC on top.

Interesting month.

720k is less than it did in the first 3 weeks of last November

Yes but.. Kinect launch wasn't it? Not sure if it launched in Nov last year, I have memory of a goldfish. No pricecut still, no kinect launch boost, unless there were bundles I would have thought that sales would be significantly less.



Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Seece said:
NotStan said:
The VGC 360 numbers look a bit too high imo, still within margin of error but I am finding it a bit hard to believe that 360 did 720k in 3 weeks outside BF? Ah.. MW3 bundles, now it's not too impossible, but still slightly high.

Significant difference between VGC and pachter DS numbers.. But according to his data DS sold almost on par with 3DS despite there being a slight price difference in the US and the DS being discontinued - 3DS having BC on top.

Interesting month.

720k is less than it did in the first 3 weeks of last November

Yes but.. Kinect launch wasn't it? Not sure if it launched in Nov last year, I have memory of a goldfish. No pricecut still, no kinect launch boost, unless there were bundles I would have thought that sales would be significantly less.

Indeed Kinect launched, which is argument against it doing as well, the argument for though is that October was up YoY quite a bit, COD had bundles this year, and Black Friday was up massively.



 

tagged boys



For whatever reason, I keep thinking the PS3 will come in at 680K for November. 700K seems like a stretch considering the inventor that was left after Black Friday.



Seece said:
NotStan said:
Seece said:
NotStan said:
The VGC 360 numbers look a bit too high imo, still within margin of error but I am finding it a bit hard to believe that 360 did 720k in 3 weeks outside BF? Ah.. MW3 bundles, now it's not too impossible, but still slightly high.

Significant difference between VGC and pachter DS numbers.. But according to his data DS sold almost on par with 3DS despite there being a slight price difference in the US and the DS being discontinued - 3DS having BC on top.

Interesting month.

720k is less than it did in the first 3 weeks of last November

Yes but.. Kinect launch wasn't it? Not sure if it launched in Nov last year, I have memory of a goldfish. No pricecut still, no kinect launch boost, unless there were bundles I would have thought that sales would be significantly less.

Indeed Kinect launched, which is argument against it doing as well, the argument for though is that October was up YoY quite a bit, COD had bundles this year, and Black Friday was up massively.

Yeah but we already consituted the amazing BF sales by minusing them from the total that we have here. The COD bundles may have a positive effect that will negate the kinect launch week actually - I forgot that black ops didn't have the LE consoles. What were the sales last year w/o black friday?



Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.