By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you preorder games?

I only pre-order a game if its something I know I definitely want to get, such as a sequel to a well established series or something that will be limited in stock upon release (hello Dragon Quest games or third party Wii titles). Many times however, I won't pre-order a game now adays because places like GameStop will open your game and mess with it before giving it to you. Or they'll 'pre-order' it for you weeks or even months ahead of time, then make you wait 1-3 days later than the scheduled release date due to 'shipping days' for the game to arrive.

In short, I'm just disappointed in places like GameStop and try to buy my games anywhere else I can first. And only buy major games like Mario there where I know they'll have 500 copies on day 1 (which don't even need a pre-order).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

I've never done that; but I'm thinking about preordering Heart Gold.

@Leunam:
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO I knew you'd fall.

I do only when there's a lower price (through amazon because they have pre-order price guarantee).

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Only for big games like MW2 or GT5 which will sell out quickly if I don't reserve my copy.

Around the Network

I Pre-order games all the time. I currently have Heavy Rain, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy XIII, and God of War 3 Pre-ordered. I Pre-order games so I don't spend my money and end up not being able to afford them when they release like I did earlier this year...would have had Mass Effect 2 and MAG.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

I think I've only pre-ordered 2 games this gen... MGS4 and MW2. Only pre-ordered MW2 because there was some deal at gamestop.

Usually. I pre-order so I don't forget to buy games, for bonuses, and for games that I know won't have a lot of copies shipped (Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition).

I am the Playstation Avenger.

For epic games only, WKC, Bioshock 2, Alan Wake, RoF, SO4: i ... of course i took my pre-orders for WKC an' BS2 off to get them day 1 but still lol.

Yeah, now that EBgames offers +50% on trade in if you pre order certain games.