By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Peter Dille: it won't be long before PS3 outpaces Xbox 360 in global sales

Well I'll say the obvious. Theres no reason before this gen Sony shouldnt be 5-10 million ahead of the 360 right now. But that all changed with the botched PS3 launch.

So like any logical human being, we need to reevaluate, and in those terms, the PS3 will eventually outsell the 360, but no way in hell it should have taken as long as it will.

Bottom line, imo, PS3 will recover to outsell the 360, but i think unless Natal falls on its face and is really bad, MSFT will have had a better generation in terms of progressing their brand. Lets not forget RROD, the fact MSFT overcame that fiasco is pretty amazing too. It could be a lot worse right now.

Nintendo, yeah, why bother, they destroyed everyone but its so normal to me now to see Nintendo own the shit out of the videogame market its not interesting to comment on.

Around the Network

To me, I think it all depends on the upcoming games and new hardware. (GEM and NATAL) The PS3's slim effect is starting to wear off but they still have momentum as the PS3 is still outselling the 360.....barely. If the games wins then Sony definetly will triumph but if the hardware wins then Microsoft will again have the advantage over both Sony and Nintendo.

We'll see.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

kunaixhaku said:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1065686p1.html 

wat do u guys think?? 

yeah and it only cost you 6 billion dolars so far dille.

sharky974 said:
kunaixhaku said:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1065686p1.html 

wat do u guys think?? 

yeah and it only cost you 6 billion dolars so far dille.

You seem bitter, do you have sony stock?

imo it comes down to natal , if it succeeds then no way, if not , i see the ps3 catching the 360 and passing it FOR SURE.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Steroid said:
radiantshadow92 said:
thats a bold statement, my prediction was end of the year, but with all the revisions of sales its looking way less likely

I'm suspicious of any "revision" which cannot be tracked by a source independent of Microsoft sponsorship.

Why did you sign up to this site then?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

LOL...this seems like Dejavu...isn't this the seem arrogance that got them in this position to begin with?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
LOL...this seems like Dejavu...isn't this the seem arrogance that got them in this position to begin with?

lulz microsoft and nintendo arent arrogant xO.

it's PR, i heard microsoft and nintendo said worse, though this is just his opinion, and it's true that even with year headstart ps3 isn't trailing much behind.

but it was microsoft rushing that got them into RROD.

and nintendo wasn't much angel either SNES and n64 era.

that's ignore PR, when the console speaks for itself, the work 180,000 employees.

the fact that the ps3 is still trailing the most unreliable product in history (xbox 360) ........should be very worrisome for sony.

I don't see the ps3 passing the xbox 360 for a long while...if ever

The way VGC keeps adjusting numbers lately I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months from now they present us a 6,5m lead for the 360. So no anytime soon for the PS3...