By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game will sell more? Tatsunoko vs Capcom OR No More Heroes 2

Which game will sell more? Tatsunoko vs Capcom OR No More Heroes 2

Tatsunoko VS. Capcom 101 68.71%

No More Heroes 2 46 31.29%

Total:147

Hmmm... It'd help if I knew how much the Vs. series usually sells in America and Europe... I'm gonna say TvC, because I'm guessing it will reach about 150,000 in Japan, but I guess No More Heroes 2 is still gonna be more popular in the Americas, while TvC and NMH2 will both sell about 100-150k in others... Gonna be close, though...

Around the Network

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ulimate All-Stars

I honestly think it could pull 400k in a years time.

No More Heroes 2 will desperately struggle to get half of that.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Lots of good reasons here for TvsC but I still gave my vote to NMH2 - it has the advantage of an installed base on Wii. The same folks that bought NHM and Madworld will likely get NMH2.
Vs has never been big and fighters (aside from SSBB 'natch) never big on Wii. If it was a more regonizable license (DBZ Vs Capcom, Jump Stars Vs Capcom or Nintendo Vs Capcom) it'd sell a lot better. Even a lot of the Capcom characters are relative unknowns.

I bought both games at the same time but I hope No more heroes wins.

Just found this condemnation of NMH2.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/controller-freak/no-more-heroes-2-i-mean-it-please-no-more/article1454718/
Got to admit, he has a point.  Why is it Wii only gets immature M for Mature titles?  (NMH, Madworld, HoTD:O, Manhunt 2)  (Okay aside from CoD)

Maybe TvsC will do better.  At least people in their late 30s and 40s know Gatchaman/G Force/Battle of the Planets (like myself)

Around the Network
Gamerace said:

Why is it Wii only gets immature M for Mature titles?  (NMH, Madworld, HoTD:O, Manhunt 2)  (Okay aside from CoD)

To be honest, I'd say this is generally the case for all consoles.

Also, Silent Hill Shattered Memories seems to buck that trend at least.

jarrod said:
Gamerace said:

Why is it Wii only gets immature M for Mature titles?  (NMH, Madworld, HoTD:O, Manhunt 2)  (Okay aside from CoD)

To be honest, I'd say this is generally the case for all consoles.

Also, Silent Hill Shattered Memories seems to buck that trend at least.

Actually, I forgot about that.  Wii has some good survivor horrors.  RE (all 5), Dead Space:E, Silent Hill:SM, Cursed Mountain (shame...),  FF4 (Japan), maybe The Calling.   But still in other genre's M's often haven't been too mature.

I say Tvs.C. Only because it's the Wii's street fighter!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Gamerace said:

Just found this condemnation of NMH2.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/controller-freak/no-more-heroes-2-i-mean-it-please-no-more/article1454718/
Got to admit, he has a point.  Why is it Wii only gets immature M for Mature titles?  (NMH, Madworld, HoTD:O, Manhunt 2)  (Okay aside from CoD)

Maybe TvsC will do better.  At least people in their late 30s and 40s know Gatchaman/G Force/Battle of the Planets (like myself)

I thought No More Heroes was blatantly immature on purpose.The original game was actually a satire on gaming habits as a whole IIRC. Manhunt 2 was lame. HoTD:O was over the top. Madworld....I think that one triedtoo hard as well, but it was tinged with humor, so they may cushion the immaturity blow.

Now that I look at it, NMH may be the last immature out of those listed, though it has some faults.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SmokedHostage said:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ulimate All-Stars

I honestly think it could pull 400k in a years time.

No More Heroes 2 will desperately struggle to get half of that.

Sorry for the bump, but we have a winner!