By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG destroys all multiplayer fps ( technically ) for all you doubters

Only Possible on the PS3. No other CONSOLE can come close to achieving 20% number of players in MAG this gen.

Around the Network
blackops said:
Only Possible on the PS3. No other CONSOLE can come close to achieving 20% number of players in MAG this gen.

Frontlines: Fuels of War does 50 players on the XBox360.  That's about 20% of 256.

I'm sure the 360 can handle a lot of players, the question is, how will it look? and will it work without dedicated servers? most importantly, would it be FREE online with dedicated servers?

bobobologna said:
blackops said:

Frontlines: Fuels of War does 50 players on the XBox360.  That's about 20% of 256.

k 30% then. you happy now?

bobobologna said:
Legend11 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Legend11 said:

Looks like there is still a long way to go before we have a great large scale FPS that isn't a choppy mess.

Legend, do you think people are going to take you out of all people seriously if you don't at least give some reasoning?

Anyone that thinks that the gameplay framerate in that video isn't choppy either needs glasses or doesn't understand what choppy means.  This isn't a debate, no reasoning is needed when someone is stating something that is a fact.

No, it clearly isn't choppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5W7Eu36JYs

Oh my god, Halflife 2 on the XBox360 is the blurriest, choppiest mess ever.

EDIT:  Really, please stop.  Have you ever even played MAG, or seen it in person?

Y'know, I don't see what his beef is.  MAG is a niche, hardcore online title.  It's not going to sell billions, it'll score somewhere around 77 to 81% on metacritic when the dust settles, yet his special '360' vision just won't let him ignore anything positive on the PS3 side.

Nice rebuttal though.

Personally I couldn't believe how good MAG is graphically given the player count, it's really not being balanced enough in most reviews that those are actually very good graphics and draw distances given the game premise.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

MAG is the Demon's Souls of FPS!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=99864&page=1&str=769724162#

We already have this topic going on in another thread and it doesn't have any of the garbage arguments this thread does.

Thread locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.