By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Holy Vancouver! It's The 2010 Winter Olympics Discussion Thread!

The dude must have been wearing something on his thighs to prevent himself from getting cut, no? I couldn't believe that move they did.

Around the Network

WHAT A DA FOR CANADA

a gold, 2 silvers and a bronze

and a 7-3 pounding of Russia

D and G collapsed for the Russians.

USA is still the best team.

Downtown was wild today, post-game.........never seen anything like that before.

Hus said:

If by best you mean had the hottest goalie.  If the US and Canada played 100 games i'd bank on Canada winning at least 65.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Hus said:

If by best you mean had the hottest goalie.  If the US and Canada played 100 games i'd bank on Canada winning at least 65.

Not hottest, simply more skilled and talented.

Also betetr D better team play better speed just better UNBEATEN team.

Hus said:
Kasz216 said:
Hus said:

Not hottest, simply more skilled and talented.

Also betetr D better team play better speed just better UNBEATEN team.

Even the US manager doesn't believe that.

“That’s why we brought him,” Burke said. “We got outchanced, 2-1, last night. Our goaltender stole us a game. People can say that Canada didn’t play well. I don’t agree with that. They outchanced us. Except for the goaltending position, we didn’t deserve to win that game last night.

Add better manager to the list, he does not put unnecessary pressure on his team. They have no you must win gold anything other then gold and you are a failure.

Hes been doing it since the start claiming Russia and Canada and Gold favorites while downplaying his own team.

Get over it they are the better team, they scored 5 on the Canadies bud. Even the Ruskies with their fire power could not do that.

One team needed an act of God to beat the Swiss, USA did it 3-1 2-0

Hus said:
Add better manager to the list, he does not put unnecessary pressure on his team. They have no you must win gold anything other then gold and you are a failure.

Hes been doing it since the start claiming Russia and Canada and Gold favorites while downplaying his own team.

Get over it they are the better team, they scored 5 on the Canadies bud. Even the Ruskies with their fire power could not do that.

One team needed an act of God to beat the Swiss, USA did it 3-1 2-0

Canada and Russia ARE the gold candidates.

Or rather were.  Now it's still Canada believe it or not.  One only needs to look at the credentials gulf between the two squads.

The Swiss used tactics similar to that used by worse teams in soccer both vs the US and Canada.  Play conservative, play almost nothing but defense hoping for an amazing breakout play, and if not be satisfied for going to the shootout/draw.

It's more a matter of luck then skill to break through a team when they're focusing so much on defense.  It's effective in soccer but used rarely because it's seen as "ungentlemanly" or something, i'm not quite sure.

Kasz216 said:

Canada and Russia ARE the gold candidates.

Or rather were.  Now it's still Canada believe it or not.  One only needs to look at the credentials gulf between the two squads.

And the credential gulf between Swiss and Canada ? or Russia Slovakia.

What went wrong there.