By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Holy Vancouver! It's The 2010 Winter Olympics Discussion Thread!

Canada hammering poor Norway and I got to see Ovechkin live - that was freaking awesome!

Around the Network

I don't get Curling at all. :(

ilovebubby said:
I don't get Curling at all. :(

Think of it as darts on ice. Darts which can knock your opponents darts off the board. And you only get points on your darts that are closer to the bulls-eye than your opponents (and vice-versa).

Here's a whole crapload of photos I've taken since last Thursday (most of them are from the Russia/Latvia hockey game from last night).

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=390722&id=760430380&l=9ac0c4aeef

Anotehr silver for Canada!

Around the Network

wow, completely ignorant comments from stickball as has already been pointed out in izaaz101's post

mrstickball said:

I will gladly admit that '02 was mired in problems due to the bidding, but from an actual standpoint of the races, and quality of the tracks, it would seem that Vancouver was a horrible choice.

maybe you haven't heard of Whistler, considered by most to be the premier ski resort in the world

obviously most of the problems have been weather related

Well, Canada survived a scare last night, but a win is a win - I'll take it. Switzerland played awesome. I was at the 2nd game with a shootout - Russia vs Slovakia. The building exploded when Demitra, who plays for the home team, scored a pretty slick goal in the shootout. I've got the Sweden vs Belarus game, my last scheduled game..........for now. I should have kept my Slovakia vs Latvia tickets for Saturday - they were very entertaining.

Today's game, Sweden vs Belarus, was pretty sweet. I thought Sweden was gunna walk all over Belarus, like Finland did, but Belarus wasn't having any of that. Sweden did look dominant throughout the first 2 periods, but Belarus turned it up a notch in the third and took over. They came so close to tying it, a minute or 2 after their 2nd goal - too bad they couldn't. I would have enjoyed another shootout.

Switzerland gave me the scare of a lifetime

The third olympics in a row Australia has gotten a gold medal! pretty remarkable considering our distinct lack of snow. Also i find it strange that we always seem to beat Britain in the winter olympics... They have snow, we dont? For shame, Britain.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)