By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Holy Vancouver! It's The 2010 Winter Olympics Discussion Thread!

The ceremony was very good, and it was funny when that one pillar wouldn't rise. The whole show was amazing, I still don't know how it looked like the whales were spouting up water from the ground.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I tried watching the Opening Ceremonies but, as usual, couldn't make it all the way through before I became bored and left.

But bring on the Games! I love the Olympics...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

She may not be everybody's cup of tea, but K.D. Lang has probably got one of the best voices in the music industry. Damn that was a good performance.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
She may not be everybody's cup of tea, but K.D. Lang has probably got one of the best voices in the music industry. Damn that was a good performance.

KD Lang is pretty awesome in a kinda-scary super-lesbian kind of way.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

stof said:

I agree. That was quite the cover.

Around the Network

That Kramer fellow was amazing to watch, in the 5000M Long Track.

k.d. lang at the Winter Olympics again, 22 years after Calgary?? Damn, I missed it. Good that we have youtube nowadays, I checked her performance and liked it (love her voice ever since I heard her cover of Cole Porter's "So in Love" on Red Hot+Blue and her brilliant album Ingénue).
----
First day, it's raining in Vancouver and every newspaper prints a picture of a man a tenth of a second before he dies. R.I.P. Nodar Kumaritaschwili. It's not 1988 anymore, that's for sure.

izaaz101 said:
That Kramer fellow was amazing to watch, in the 5000M Long Track.

That was nice to watch for me too, the first gold medal is there!

But obviously this becomes insignificant when compared to yesterday's tragic accident.

Technically it's the 2nd......the first one was a Swiss ski jumper, while I was still sleeping (lol).

Edit: Just saw that you're from the Netherlands, so I guess you were saying 1st Gold medal for you. Congratulations!

pearljammer said:
stof said:

I agree. That was quite the cover.

it was aamzing