By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Future of MAG

Slimebeast said:
What's a PMC? Faction?

Yah.  Apparently one of the 'hooks' for MAG is that you pick a faction and everything you do for it adds up in online leaderboards - basically so far as I get it they're trying to link the individual matches to an overarching sense of achievement.  So if you play well your faction will do better overall.

Seems sensible, although this early on if I was Zipper I'd focus more on in match gameplay tuning vs more macro level stuff like this.  But hey, maybe they figure they got everything they needed at the detail level from the Beta to last them plenty of updates and want to add some macro level expansions, too.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Slimebeast said:
What's a PMC? Faction?

Yah.  Apparently one of the 'hooks' for MAG is that you pick a faction and everything you do for it adds up in online leaderboards - basically so far as I get it they're trying to link the individual matches to an overarching sense of achievement.  So if you play well your faction will do better overall.

Seems sensible, although this early on if I was Zipper I'd focus more on in match gameplay tuning vs more macro level stuff like this.  But hey, maybe they figure they got everything they needed at the detail level from the Beta to last them plenty of updates and want to add some macro level expansions, too.

I personally think that's awesome. Like in many MMOs, your actions have a higher purpose.

Slimebeast said:
Reasonable said:
Slimebeast said:
What's a PMC? Faction?

I personally think that's awesome. Like in many MMOs, your actions have a higher purpose.

It is a clever idea I think.  I tried the Beta but struggled a bit with the level of teamwork really required due to time limitations to play with it, but I might give the full game a go once things settle down after the launch.  Right now my next game is looking like Mass Effect 2 on the PC - plus I'm being drawn into Oblivion again.  My eldest son started playing it on PC and has got me looking at some of the more recent mods, etc. with interest.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Slimebeast said:
Reasonable said:
Slimebeast said:
What's a PMC? Faction?

It is a clever idea I think.  I tried the Beta but struggled a bit with the level of teamwork really required due to time limitations to play with it, but I might give the full game a go once things settle down after the launch.  Right now my next game is looking like Mass Effect 2 on the PC - plus I'm being drawn into Oblivion again.  My eldest son started playing it on PC and has got me looking at some of the more recent mods, etc. with interest.

That's nice. I have a lot of games that I have to play, ME+ME2 being two, but in the last couple of weeks I've thought about re-visiting Oblivion myself - with the aid from new mods. So if u have any tips write on my wall.

I think Dust 514 has the whole MMOFPS affecting the world thing beat, but I am biased cause I'm a EVE pilot ;)