By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A few questions for HD-DVD fans

What if the next-gen disc players were at ridiculously low prices, say $1 for the HDDVD players and $2 for the BD players.  Would these low prices convert you to the BD side?

Thanks to kenobi after I got him to ban my old account (dallas) after someone hacked into it and being ok with me coming back under a slightly different username.  I appreciate our communication in the PMs.  Also I want to give a big thank you to vgchartz for being one of the cooler websites around. 

Oh, and I'm still the next Michael Pachter

Around the Network

Oh, boy ... I'm not a psychic, but I see this thread going down fast ...

I don't get the point of this thread...

I miss Dallas, and don't think he deserves suspension/banning. That is all.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Just bear with me, i'll get to my point after I get a few awnsers. But humor me, please. If the features for the two products would be the same, would a BD be attractive at the prices mentioned?

What if the HD-DVD player was only say $50 and the BD player $100? Would you be tempted by BD or would you still be a HDDVD fan?

Thanks to kenobi after I got him to ban my old account (dallas) after someone hacked into it and being ok with me coming back under a slightly different username.  I appreciate our communication in the PMs.  Also I want to give a big thank you to vgchartz for being one of the cooler websites around. 

Around the Network

Personally (as a bit of an HDDVD fan) I would still wait it out to see who wins the format war. I don't really buy DVD's in any case.

The main problem I have with Blu Ray is the price. It's like the PS3 - I don't have a prob with it at all - except for the high price tag. For me, it's all about value. And there are tons of movies on BR I would love to have, but the price of admission isn't where I want it to be. If they were the same, I would buy both ...

Bodhesatva said:
I miss Dallas, and don't think he deserves suspension/banning. That is all.

I am Dallas....but I had to get another account.  I asked kenobi to ban that account so a sneaky weirdo that hacked into my account wouldn't be able to post under my name any more.

Anyway, so what would format would you want more if    BD player prices were $100 and HD-DVD player prices were only $50?

The question is absurd. If both players were at ridiculously low prices, everyone would buy both.

I believe that HD-DVD has more current and potential benefits for both the consumer and for the industry in general, and that is why I prefer it.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Is this another 'If the PS3 was $250 it would sell a lot better" argument?

I can't imagine anyone being an hd-dvd fan. Or a blu-ray fan; they're both so similar in performance. Which is why a lot of people are just drawn to the cheapest player.