By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is the best looking game on 360?

Mass Effect 2 is the best looking game on 360?

Yes 79 39.11%

No 63 31.19%

Haven't played it 60 29.70%

Total:202

Ι still strongly believe that Gears 2, is STILL the best looking game on 360, and I STILL believe, that the naysayers, at a 99,9% haven't seen it before their eyes.

Around the Network

Jesus Christ, people. IT'S IN THE THREAD TITLE.

"Mass Effect 2 is the best looking game on 360?"

Stop reiterating the topic title or I'll be forced to question your ability to read.

On topic, ME2 looks great but I think Gears 2 was just a little more polished, which is to be expected given the massive amount of options and character models that had to work in almost every scene of ME2 depending on your squad choices. Quite an accomplishment for an RPG game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Steroid said:
Garnett said:

Best looking console game

Haha I see you're trying to start a flame war but most rational people understand that there will likely never be a game on 360 that looks as good as Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2.

[Insert Youtube video of "We didn't start the flame war" here]

(would of posted it, but it has some potentially objectionable language found in flame wars)

Yes.

Not from the point of having the most refined graphics, Gears 2 gets that, but having the best overall visuals between size and scope of graphical fidelity.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Mass effect 2 is a great looking game, Probabley the best on 360, not there with Killzone or Uncharted 2 , but a great looking game,

Around the Network

Suggested questions for polls like this:

1. Best looking technical AND aesthetics?
2. Best looking technical only?
3. Best looking aesthetics only?
4. Not the best technically or aesthetically?
5. Dunno, haven't played it.

My answer was haven't played it.

Interesting to see a fairly even split going on.

Why are people bringing PS3 (and PC) into this? The thread is clearly about games on 360, that's where discussion should reside.

If you want an all consoles debate make an all consoles poll, and let the feathers fly.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Steroid said:
Garnett said:

Best looking console game

Haha I see you're trying to start a flame war but most rational people understand that there will likely never be a game on 360 that looks as good as Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2.

*Sigh* People said the same thing with Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted and GT5: Prologue.

Games always begin to look better as we progress further into the generation. Developers learn everything about the hardware and new development tricks and techniques. I'll admit the PS3 has been ahead in graphics since Uncharted but a better looking game always releases on the Xbox 360 either a year or two later. By then though there is usually already a better looking PS3 game out.

And No Mass Effect isn't the best looking game on the Xbox 360 (It has a nice art direction). The shading is very nice and clean. No flickering pixels etc and character textures are nice (Better than GoW2. Cutscene close up Grunt looks fucking amazing. I swear each Rock Scab thing on his head is 3D moddled. I'll attempt to take a picture but my camera is pretty shit.

I'd say Gears of War 2 still has the edge, Forza Motorsport 3 and maybe Batman Arkham Ayslum.

Then of course there is Alan Wake and Halo Reach. (ALL Halo Reach screenshots revealed so far are from a pre-Alpha build dating back to just before Novemeber 2009. At an even later date we'll have Mass Effect 3 and  Gears of War 3 which will be better looking then what is currently out.

i dont really care about uncharted or killzone,,i care about mass effect...thats what this is discussing.. o.0

Some parts look better than anything I've ever seen in a game. Other parts (backgrounds) are below average at times. Haven't played more than an hour yet, though.

Took a picture of Grunt. Unfortunately I had to use my terrible mobile phone camera because the charger for the digital camera is no where to be found. This low quality of screen image really doesn't do the game any justice. (I really need to get me a capture card)