By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

Does anyone know if the catalog's stack? So if I have every character equipped with a conisseur catalog (or whatever the leveled up one is called) I'm more likely to get a rare drop?

Planning on doing lots of farming coming up...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
epicurean said:
Does anyone know if the catalog's stack? So if I have every character equipped with a conisseur catalog (or whatever the leveled up one is called) I'm more likely to get a rare drop?

Planning on doing lots of farming coming up...

Nope, they only function individually, even if you equip them on different characters.

Also, if you're going to farm for items, be mindful of what you want to farm. As equipping both catalogs ups the chance for both normal and rare drops, you may want to consider equipping just one of them, depending of what you want to farm. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Trying to get the Traps (or ingot's) from the aman...big turtle guys.. :)

When you say equipping both catalogs ups the chance for normal and rare...which catalog ups the chance for rare? (I'm assuming the Traps and Ingots are rare items?)

Thx for the help!

epicurean said:
Trying to get the Traps (or ingot's) from the aman...big turtle guys.. :)

When you say equipping both catalogs ups the chance for normal and rare...which catalog ups the chance for rare? (I'm assuming the Traps and Ingots are rare items?)

Thx for the help!

Collector's Catalog improves the chance for normal drops, where as Connoisseur Catalog improves the Rare drop chance. 

Ingots are normal drops and trapezahedrons are rare drops from the Adamantoises/Adamantortoises enemies, but both have low % to drop. Ingots have a 10% normal drop rate (50% if you 5 stars), where as Traps have only a 1% drop rate (5% if you 5 stars) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Wow, I've only got one Ingot, and I've killed 7 or 8 of them (all 5 star - vanille's death is my only choice at this point).

So I guess at this point if I want both I should equip both catalogs...

Around the Network
epicurean said:
Wow, I've only got one Ingot, and I've killed 7 or 8 of them (all 5 star - vanille's death is my only choice at this point).

At this point you should. You probably need both the traps for Tier 3 weapons and the Gil to upgrade them to max level.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
epicurean said:

At this point you should. You probably need both the traps for Tier 3 weapons and the Gil to upgrade them to max level.

Exactly.  Got a Trap the first time I did it, no luck since.  But I need CP now too (got the Growth Egg) to fully develop all my characters, so I should be killing a lot of things with one stone...

epicurean said:
lestatdark said:
epicurean said:

Exactly.  Got a Trap the first time I did it, no luck since.  But I need CP now too (got the Growth Egg) to fully develop all my characters, so I should Tbe killing a lot of things with one stone...

That's exactly how I did my farming xD.

Current PC Build

Serah!! yay~

FFXIII complete (... sig needs to update!)

Done right at the 80 hour mark! Wasn't as bad as I thought, and since I never use Fang / Sazh / Hope (hell those 3 are still stuck at 2 accessories, used their CP on a seperate save), I just picked the cheapest weap upgrades. I'm glad my fav chars were able to pull everything off... Toises and Shaos in 1:35 with Light / Snow / V is satisfying enough!

Was fitting how Snow occasionally says, "I'm coming for you, Serah" on the Sovereign Fists. Damn turtle farm.

edit: Btw, does Highwind completely miss when the turtle's leg is off the ground? Annoying as hell when it happens using Snow's finisher, it erases the stagger and barely does damage. I generally know when each leg will raise, yet it seems like the damn thing sometimes stomps consecutively with the same leg!

c0rd said:

Serah!! yay~

FFXIII complete (... sig needs to update!)

Done right at the 80 hour mark! Wasn't as bad as I thought, and since I never use Fang / Sazh / Hope (hell those 3 are still stuck at 2 accessories, used their CP on a seperate save), I just picked the cheapest weap upgrades. I'm glad my fav chars were able to pull everything off... Toises and Shaos in 1:35 with Light / Snow / V is satisfying enough!

Was fitting how Snow occasionally says, "I'm coming for you, Serah" on the Sovereign Fists. Damn turtle farm.

edit: Btw, does Highwind completely miss when the turtle's leg is off the ground? Annoying as hell when it happens using Snow's finisher, it erases the stagger and barely does damage. I generally know when each leg will raise, yet it seems like the damn thing sometimes stomps consecutively with the same leg!

Congrats

I don't know how Snow's ultimate works, but Fang's Highwind attack does only one attack to the Tortoises legs when they are in the air, and two attacks when they are on the ground, which makes all the difference between killing them, or leaving them with a sliver of health.

As for the consecutive stomps, if you are near melee range of the Tortoises legs, you get double damage from them. 

Current PC Build