By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
Nothing beats Sunleth Waterscape theme, when I first heard it on chapter 6, I was like :OOOOOOO

Also, the boss battle theme is pretty awesome too.

Sunleth Waterscape had a wow factor cus Team Kitase really nailed the atmosphere & music in that forest bit....the song completely matched the surrounding and gave me a feeling of "freshness" & excitement.

But dust to dust (played outside and in oerba) also had an amazing wow factor as you felt bad for vanille & fang while looking at the village in ruins & there was a sense of foreboding and grief in the music....and all the whole cocoon's shadown was just over you. I literally spent tens of minutes just looking at the surrounding & cocoon with that music....it was an amazing atmosphere.

What I liked most about Dust to Dust was the fact that it still played even on battles, like all the sentiment didn't wash away even in the heat of the struggle. They returned to their home after 500 years only to see it devastated, them the only Pulsians remaining alive. That's what lead them to their ultimate sacrifice. Cocoon's people were the heirs of Pulse now, not the two of them. That despair, that pain, was very palpable. 

My thoughts exactly....the mixture of slow music with a battle was really well done in FF13

in Chapter 7 you got to a part with slow/sad music & it continued into battles too!

I'm gonna leave a save file for each chapter in my 2nd playthrough

this game should have had a game+ feature and they should have doubled every enemies power in the game+ feature, its very disappointing that it doesn't have that.

Double enemies powers? Are you crazy Darth? XD Have you ever faced a Long Gui? That thing can destroy you in seconds even with full CS and damage and magical reduction items. I can't even imagine what it would be like for it to have double power T_T

Well with that the crystarium system could be expanded too, possibly up to a Stage 15.

Maybe in FFXIII International

Crystarium System shouldn't be needed to improve to that amount, they just need to fix the stack imbalances between accesories. I really hate when you put accesories with the same effects, you get massive losses for each new one. Instead of having, let's say, 2 General Bracelets which would give 50% physical reduction, you'll end up with 41%. The same happens with debuff protection accesories.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Yo, why the hell is Gran Pulse so freaking big? I'm freaking lost man.

darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:
Chapter 7: 9.7/10!!

Wowza! This chapter was awesome. Snow + Hope = Win!

You could've atleast mentioned Fang & Lightning :(

@EUPHORIA

WOW LUCKY YOU!

To be honest I don't like Fang :/

She's trying to steal the show but I'm not impressed. Lightning is too brilliant to be overshadowed by her.

g-value said:
Yo, why the hell is Gran Pulse so freaking big? I'm freaking lost man.

Just wait until you unlock all the areas XD Thankfully, once you start doing more missions, you'll unlock a Teleport system, and in later ones (mission 14), you'll unlock Chocobos for the Steppe.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

just wait till you unlock secret areas with chocbo's

@Boutros

lol yeah she is a show off

But I think Lightning & her make an amazing team!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
just wait till you unlock secret areas with chocbo's

@Boutros

lol yeah she is a show off

But I think Lightning & her make an amazing team!

I wish she would show me more! :D Wuahahahaha

Wow I really need to get back to playing this, I hope to beat it before the weekends over.

I'm in the last chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The music in this game is meh.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
The music in this game is meh.

Really?

the battle theme, dust to dust, boss theme are all awesome