By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

Xxain said:
by far the worst bahamut Alexander ever

Bahamut is AWESOME

Especially when you cann him in GESTALT mode

seriously it looks so AMAZING

I was like "IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING"

The first time I used his moves in GESTALT mode

@Naum

I don't, they are USELESS

ROFLROFLROFL!

My main battlers do far better attacks

I MAY use them when the party HP is really low & I need a morale boost/break/full HP regain

as the eidolons do take some of the frutstration of the battle away from you!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

Bahamut is AWESOME

@Naum

ROFLROFLROFL!

I MAY use them when the party HP is really low & I need a morale boost/break/full HP regain

are you kidding me? alexander is without a doubt the best summon in the game. the worst i would say is odin, he is such a wimp in battle...

Son1x said:
Oh, so you can do missions and stuff after you beat the final boss? Or rather, you have to do some for platinum?

Well I'm gonna do as many as I can & grind like a beast!

I would HATE to be stuck in chp 12/13 due to difficulty

Crystalchild has scared us ALL!

Naum said:
How many here actually summon Eidolons in battles? I don't.

I used Shiva once in chapter 7 to 5/5 a group of three snipers and the hover bike enemies. Going SEN/RAV would take too long (time limit was 2:15). Other than that, I rarely use them. Pretty much it's the same in every FF, summons are pretty and awesome, but rather useless :P 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

a12331 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

Bahamut is AWESOME

@Naum

ROFLROFLROFL!

are you kidding me? alexander is without a doubt the best summon in the game. the worst i would say is odin, he is such a wimp in battle...

I meant by looks.

He just looks odd to me.

I haven't tried him in battle yet.....in fact I haven't tried ANY of the eidolons in battle yet except for bahamut & odin

I used Odin on the chapter 9 boss while he was doing destrudo & I couldn't get him to say "ugh" while doing it....so the attack killed me.....ever since then me & odin are ENEMIES!

Around the Network

I'm watching NBA now (Cleveland vs Boston) and its funny to see "Presented by Final Fantasy XIII"

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

eidolons arent useless, you just have to fill your Metamorphosis Bar before switching to Gestalt mode.. on LV3, im dealing 400k Damage with Hecatoncheir easilly.

but well, yes, i missused them for healing mainly, too. :P

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I can't stand how the characters keep getting split up. And don't say it's for story reasons. It's for no reason at all so far (chapter 4).

Just when Snow gets his Eidolon, it shifts to stupid Sazh. Just when Lightning gets her Eidolon, it shifts to stupid Sazh again. I don't want to play as Sazh! I want to try out my new Power Ranger Zords! There's absolutely no reason for the party to NOT be together right now. They all have the same goal.

What a retarded design choice.

Actually its so that you get USED to the different roles

if that change wasn't there I wouldn't know how to use the ravager role properly.

Later on its for story reasons.....right now its for you to get used to the different roles & different combinations possible through the ingenious paradigm shift system!

Oh and don't expect too much "power" from the eidolons lol.

lestatdark said:
Naum said:
How many here actually summon Eidolons in battles? I don't.

I used Shiva once in chapter 7 to 5/5 a group of three snipers and the hover bike enemies. Going SEN/RAV would take too long (time limit was 2:15). Other than that, I rarely use them. Pretty much it's the same in every FF, summons are pretty and awesome, but rather useless :P 

I used summons all the time in FFX. I spent all my gil at the end of the game to one hit kill Jecht with Yojimbo. Saved me a lot of trouble :P

darthdevidem01 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I can't stand how the characters keep getting split up. And don't say it's for story reasons. It's for no reason at all so far (chapter 4).

Just when Snow gets his Eidolon, it shifts to stupid Sazh. Just when Lightning gets her Eidolon, it shifts to stupid Sazh again. I don't want to play as Sazh! I want to try out my new Power Ranger Zords! There's absolutely no reason for the party to NOT be together right now. They all have the same goal.

What a retarded design choice.

Actually its so that you get USED to the different roles

if that change wasn't there I wouldn't know how to use the ravager role properly.

Later on its for story reasons.....right now its for you to get used to the different roles & different combinations possible through the ingenious paradigm shift system!

Oh and don't expect too much "power" from the eidolons lol.

Pfft. Any character can learn any role. Maybe not early on, but that wouldn't be an issue if it let you choose your party.