By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 4

trangentspree said:
Seeing JUST DANCE at the top of the charts each week makes me smile because it shows how little online journalism and aggregated review websites can matter.

In a world where Twilight smashes records you really needed more convincing that sometimes crap sells a lot?

Around the Network

Wow, Just Dance increases by 16%? I'd love to see what the numbers are like...

It's hilarious seeing MAG's debut get outsold by Just Dance's 10th week.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
trangentspree said:
Seeing JUST DANCE at the top of the charts each week makes me smile because it shows how little online journalism and aggregated review websites can matter.

In a world where Twilight smashes records you really needed more convincing that sometimes crap sells a lot?

Who says Just Dance is crap?

Good: Mass Effect 2 and MAG
Great: Forza 2 and Uncharted 2

Suprise: MW2 > NSMB Wii in UK.

My guess for UK

Mass Effect 2 (360) ~90k
MAG (PS3) ~50k
Mass Effect 2 (PC) ~20k

edit-correct numbers estimation

@ethomaz: 200k for ME2 on X360 in UK is just pure SiFi. Read again the article and you will know that ME2 on X360 will achieve 200-300k but in whole "others".

Around the Network
trangentspree said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
trangentspree said:

It seems like not that long ago Nintendo fans on this site all had "boycott Ubisoft" in their sigs, swearing never to buy a Ubisoft product again until they started putting a decent effort into their Wii games. Now you're cheering for the shovelware? LOL.

donsterydo2 said:
@ethomaz: 200k for ME2 on X360 in UK is just pure SiFi. Read again the article and you will know that ME2 on X360 will achieve 200-300k but in whole "others".

This is bad... so 70-90k for UK???

ethomaz said:

Good: Mass Effect 2 and MAG
Great: Forza 2 and Uncharted 2

Suprise: MW2 > NSMB Wii in UK.

My guess for UK

Mass Effect 2 (360) ~200k
MAG (PS3) ~90k
Mass Effect 2 (PC) ~60k

And people said that the PC version of ME2 wouldn't do more than 300k worldwide. At this rate it may very well surpass the Xbox 360 version in sales.

@daggy

I make a mistake after read the article... the numbers for ME2 is low... very low.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
trangentspree said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
trangentspree said:

It seems like not that long ago Nintendo fans on this site all had "boycott Ubisoft" in their sigs, swearing never to buy a Ubisoft product again until they started putting a decent effort into their Wii games. Now you're cheering for the shovelware? LOL.

Why are you so threatened by a simple casualware title?

True Ubisoft have had a less than stellar track record, but they've really managed to hit the nail on the head with this one.