By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - in mag your required to wear a headset?

It looks like teamwork may actually be required in Zipper Interactive's new massive shooter MAG. Over at Platform Nation it is being speculated that a new rule may be implemented to require headsets in order to play the multiplayer features.

While this may sound like a bad idea to some, PN thinks that it will help to inspire teamwork and help to create a more enjoyable playing experience:

Now, for me, I don't mind too much when the ordinary soldier isn't wearing a headset, but when a squad leader, platoon leader, or officer in charge doesn't have a headset, I get a bit annoyed.  You see, the point of MAG is to be a FPS like no other game has done, and without communication and teamwork this ends up just being another Call of Duty with a whole lot more people at once.  Communication is key in MAG, especially for those in charge.  Leaders need to constantly be letting their squads know what needs to be done in order to ensure victory.

Zipper Interactive, it seems, feels the exact same way.  According to a recent email from Zipper Interactive sent to GameStop's around the country, MAG will be requiring ALL participants to be wearing a headset in order to play the game starting on February 10th.  This will ensure that MAG becomes the game it is supposed to be: an army communicating and working together to achieve common goals.

Hopefully we will see a bundle including MAG and a headset, making it easier than having to purchase two separate products. It will be, however, hard for those who have already invested their money into buying the standalone game since we have yet to hear if Zipper or Sony will offer any type of deal/rebate.

website:http://giant-gamer.blogspot.com/2010/01/mag-to-require-headsets.html  

to me this is fake for a couple of reasons one if this was true they should have told us from the begging second there should have  been a bundle you know buy the game and get a headset like warhawk.

if this was true then this game would completely and successively piss off everybody that bought the game that don't have a headset

Around the Network

This make no sense...

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Fake.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/01/the-playstation-recap-27/#comment-317996

I agree, if the team leader doesn't have a headset, it defeats the whole point.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

You don't need a headset, but a compatible VCD for the PS3 will help out both you and your squad in MAG a lot. Some of my friends use their PSeye for comms, but I use the headset, you get less feedback from gameplay with headsets vs a mic placed right in front of your sorround sound.

Around the Network

Mics aren't even that expensive so i don't understand why most people don't have 1

The pseye works well as a mic, I used it on Uncharted2 and Modnation Racers.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

gurglesletch said:
Mics aren't even that expensive so i don't understand why most people don't have 1

think of it as most pepole dont want to be inconvenienced of going out and getting one, its a secondary item that you dont really need to play a game, so why buy one

xxmob said:
gurglesletch said:

think of it as most pepole dont whant to be inconvenience of going out and getting one its a secondary item that you dont really need, so why buy one

It really adds to the experience so its hardly an inconvenience to get 1.

gurglesletch said:
xxmob said:
gurglesletch said:

think of it as most pepole dont whant to be inconvenience of going out and getting one its a secondary item that you dont really need, so why buy one

It really adds to the experience so its hardly an inconvenience to get 1.

werd, its like getting a second controller for the wii, its like 20+ dollars for a bluetooth and your done, i hate going on games with quiet people xl