By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy Hell hardware adjustments!

PlaystaionGamer said:
funny this huge adjustment as SONY about 1 year ago said how mant they has Sold (not shipped) and it was over a million higher then what VGcharts had it at.....so now the PS3 is 2million units down from what it has actualy sold..lol GREAT!

Wii just hit 67million, SOLD not shipped

so now the numbers are even more off

Last I checked, Sony releases SHIPPED  numbers, not sold. It's always been that way, and I doubt they changed it recently.

Around the Network

woah so now ps3 is actually below xbox for others

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Go Wii go Go GO!

ultraslick said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I find my lack of faith with vgchartz disturbing now... those are vast adjustment numbers, though i still in the end, highly doubt wii will ever take that 50%, not that it matters it just wont.

I'm with you on that one.

I now understand why the people on neogaf feel the way they do.

There is no justifying inaccuracies of this magnitude, not ever.

the slogan here should be; "Your guess is as good as ours!"

agreed

its more then a little change its huge

PSP dropped like 2.5million...how can u get that wrong?

ultraslick said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I find my lack of faith with vgchartz disturbing now... those are vast adjustment numbers, though i still in the end, highly doubt wii will ever take that 50%, not that it matters it just wont.

Me too. I find it very disturbing. 1.1 million means much money. It is not better than our guessing. We deserve some explanation from the owners of vgchartz, at least.

Around the Network
ultraslick said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

That's one way of looking at it. I see it more as adjustments mean they at least care about being more accurate. So if anything it helps their credibility in a sense because they are working towards being as accurate as they can be. Remember, others is a VERY tricky market to track, at least vgchartz is making an effort to track them as opposed to previously in the sites early history when they didn't even count them at all because there wasn't enough data.

I peronsally thought the PS3 seemed oddly high before, particularly in others. Now I think it may be a bit too low. I'd be willing to wager the actual numbers for PS3 is somewhere inbetween what vgchartz previously had them and what they are at now. Same with Wii and 360. 

Anyway, noone really knows the exact sales, nor will they ever. All we have is estimates. Even Media Create and NPD are estimates, though more accurate estimates as they have far more sample sizes than vgchartz. But for a free site, I'd say it's pretty cool for vgchartz to provide all these numbers, despite perhaps not being the most accurate. We at least get a relatively clear image of sales in the industry.

I do not accept these console sales adjustments!!!

PS3 was overtracked by 1.1 million...and Xbox 360 by more than half a million...those are not small numbers. There better be an explanation.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I still love this site.. I just wanted to say that so you know..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I thought the comment ioi made in this thread is pretty clear, what other explanation do people need?