By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy Hell hardware adjustments!

Auron said:
rccsetzer said:
ultraslick said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I find my lack of faith with vgchartz disturbing now... those are vast adjustment numbers, though i still in the end, highly doubt wii will ever take that 50%, not that it matters it just wont.

I'm with you on that one.

I now understand why the people on neogaf feel the way they do.

There is no justifying inaccuracies of this magnitude, not ever.

the slogan here should be; "Your guess is as good as ours!"

Me too. I find it very disturbing. 1.1 million means much money. It is not better than our guessing. We deserve some explanation from the owners of vgchartz, at least.

I know what the slogan for VGC 3.0 should be "Pay us for our numbers now and 3-4 years down the line we might get them right"

Lolz, had to laugh still a bit harsh for the people putting so much effort in don't you think :)?

Around the Network

Whoa *Bill Gates* dance. Mad profit and the lead back up a little! I can't wait to see the lead and profit with Natel heh.

It's just that simple.

Lostplanet22 said:
Auron said:
rccsetzer said:
ultraslick said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I find my lack of faith with vgchartz disturbing now... those are vast adjustment numbers, though i still in the end, highly doubt wii will ever take that 50%, not that it matters it just wont.

I'm with you on that one.

I now understand why the people on neogaf feel the way they do.

There is no justifying inaccuracies of this magnitude, not ever.

the slogan here should be; "Your guess is as good as ours!"

Me too. I find it very disturbing. 1.1 million means much money. It is not better than our guessing. We deserve some explanation from the owners of vgchartz, at least.

I know what the slogan for VGC 3.0 should be "Pay us for our numbers now and 3-4 years down the line we might get them right"

Lolz, had to laugh still a bit harsh for the people putting so much effort in don't you think :)?

Yeah. But at the same time now it will be more difficult to them aquire more sponsorship, membership, not? What guarantees that this adjustement is alright? It is hard to believe now. This site is very good, i find many interesting news here, but it is  failing a bit on its main purpose. The world is harsh.

DaBuddahN said:
Holy shit! How the FUCK was PS3 overtracked by 1.1 mil?!

That is the sickest sh@t to me 2...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Maybe ioi should make the adjustments in the NPD way. If there are discrepancies, they adjust them through future reports. Then people won't notice them and they wouldn't rant so much.

I'm sure >75% people wouldn't rant if the adjustments were upwards. The problem is that a lot of people want the numbers that suit their agendas. Stop bitching and appreciate all the work ioi and their team spend to give you the numbers for free.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
Maybe ioi should make the adjustments in the NPD way. If there are discrepancies, they adjust them through future reports. Then people won't notice them and they wouldn't rant so much.

I'm sure >75% people wouldn't rant if the adjustments were upwards. The problem is that a lot of people want the numbers that suit their agendas. Stop bitching and appreciate all the work ioi and their team spend to give you the numbers for free.

Good Christing Jesus no.

Firstly, we don't know if that's how NPD actually does it. I don't think there's ever been a statement regarding this.

Secondly, for a site as clearly transparent as VGChartz, itsi mportant that our adjustments be as transparent as possible. Brett is doing the right thing in being open and clear about the adjustments he's making, because he keeps the integrity of his weekly numbers as much as is possible given his resources.

leo-j said:
7 million PSPs on shelves is odd

Sony reported 60.30M psp's sold as of DEC 31 didn't they?

Must be all PSP Gos then

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I really don't care, I just want that others software chart sometime soon.

I love this site, I do, but I've always been somewhat skepticle about how accurate it is, I'm sorry, but I call bull crap on this one!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???

Khuutra said:
Kynes said:

Good Christing Jesus no.

Firstly, we don't know if that's how NPD actually does it. I don't think there's ever been a statement regarding this.

Secondly, for a site as clearly transparent as VGChartz, itsi mportant that our adjustments be as transparent as possible. Brett is doing the right thing in being open and clear about the adjustments he's making, because he keeps the integrity of his weekly numbers as much as is possible given his resources.

I'm not saying that I'd prefer that way. I'm implying that instead of appreciating the transparency and hard work, they bitch because the numbers are adjusted in a way they don't like. Maybe they would prefer having bigger numbers in their console of choice, even when those numbers were way off the real ones. The great majority of the people bitching are Sony fans/followers. Maybe it has something to do with it. You know, fanboy warz and insecure people.