By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So Ive joined the HD format war with an A2

I got Planet Earth on BR. Get it. It's fantastic.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Great purchase. I have the addon for the 360 and the picture looks stunning. I'm looking forward to my Xmas bonus check because there are so many movies that I want that HD-DVD has.

PS. WEWdeadeye. Your name looks crazily familiar. Did you play with Week End Warriors back in the day? I'm thinking after Midway left for domain of games and in the early years of CAL/CPL. Maybe I'm way off. :)

Yes, that would be me. I played in WeekEnd Warriors since before Midway left though, back when we were the top west coast team..haven't played CS in quite a while. That's funny, never thought I would see anyone who would remember that on a console based forum. How's it going?

I still put WEW in front of my name because not only did I retire from CS after being in the clan for over 4 years, when we were still winning CAL and placing in CPL events, but deadeye is usually taken, and WEW just spices it up quite a bit, especially since counterstrike is what got me so in to gaming in the first place. 

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

@ssj12
The A2 is actually much better for me than the A3. I have an older receiver that doesn't take HDMI, only optical/coax. The A3 won't do 5.1 through optical. The A2 will convert any audio format to DTS 5.1 and it sounds AMAZING.

So if you don't have and HDMI receiver, you are better off with the A2 than the A3.

Nice, I was a pretty avid follower and tried to get into the scene since babbages, but obviously not everyone is going to be able to rape faced like the top players. Never made it past M, but it was fun, and my time playing CS really launched me into being an avid gamer. I still remember the best time I had playing CS was my brief stint with TSG when i was going to school in the twin cities. They were an awesome crew and Larson was just hilarious to play with. Got to play with fat a few times since Gator worked at TSG and played in the same group with him back in the quake days. On a side note, one of my old clanmates back when we switched from war2 to CS played for WEW for a while. His alias when I played with him was Silence, but cant remember what his last name was when he played with you guys (i believe this was when cal made cal-i players use their last names instead of handles during matches). The good ol' days.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
@leo-j:

What's with the anti-plasma trolling? Do you have to be a fanboy in every area of consumer electronics?

Not only consumer electronics... but breakfest too.  You should hear is rant on why everyone who gets sausage instead of Bacon as a side in a restruant is an idiot. (And i happen to agree.)

leo-j said:
@fishy joe

Thank you for calling me a dumb a$$, good thing your a mod.

@Thebig fat J

Yes and $399 for a playstation 3, plastation 1, blu-ray player, dvd player, cd player, interent browser, music player, online gaming,
motion contrololers, psp conncetivity,and not to mention 1 blu-ray movie(spiderman 3) as well as 5 other blu-ray movies by mail in rebate.

Is a much better deal than just a dvd/hd dvd player.

I already have a machine that's better at Internet browsing, playing music, and online gaming than the PS3. And I have another machine that's better at motion controls. What I needed was a high end DVD player, which I didn't have. And I was willing to pay about $100, plus the advantage of playing HD-DVD is nice.

$400 for a DVD player isn't a good deal. I'd rather get a 360 right now, despite the hardware problems.

Not only consumer electronics... but breakfest too.  You should hear is rant on why everyone who gets sausage instead of Bacon as a side in a restruant is an idiot. (And i happen to agree.)

Sausage is gross alone, but it's far better than bacon as a topping.  An egg and sausage English muffin is better than an egg and bacon English muffin.

Also, I prefer turkey bacon to real bacon.  It's a lot less greasy and far better for it.  It's almost pure protein. 

Kasz216 said:
GooseGaws said:
@leo-j:

What's with the anti-plasma trolling? Do you have to be a fanboy in every area of consumer electronics?

Not only consumer electronics... but breakfest too. You should hear is rant on why everyone who gets sausage instead of Bacon as a side in a restruant is an idiot. (And i happen to agree.)

Whatever. Wait till NEXT year when....uhhh....bacon, ummm. Nevermind.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )