By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Speculation: Is "The Last Story" an FF game that Sakaguchi can call his own

Ah, they're not quite fully formed yet. I'll probably post about it when I've thought some more.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Where does it say Nintendo is developing the game? I thought it was just Mistwalker.

Mistwalker aren't a full development company, they don't have programmers, animators or anything of the such, they just a development planning and direction studio at the moment hence the fact that they contract other studios like Artoon and Cavia to develop for them. It's very likely TLS is a new IP Nintendo have created and they've brought in Mistwalker to direct a first party team in developing it.

"Mistwalker aren't a full development company, they don't have programmers, animators or anything of the such, they just a development planning and direction studio at the moment hence the fact that they contract other studios like Artoon and Cavia to develop for them. It's very likely TLS is a new IP Nintendo have created and they've brought in Mistwalker to direct a first party team in developing it."

So did Nintendo choose that name, or Sakaguchi?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Mistwalker aren't a full development company, they don't have programmers, animators or anything of the such, they just a development planning and direction studio at the moment hence the fact that they contract other studios like Artoon and Cavia to develop for them. It's very likely TLS is a new IP Nintendo have created and they've brought in Mistwalker to direct a first party team in developing it."

My guess is it's a name Sakaguchi may have advised for the project.

Wyrdness said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

My guess is it's a name Sakaguchi may have advised for the project.

I think so too, but it's still a guess.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

The Last Story = Final Fantasy Killer

"The Last Story = Final Fantasy Killer"

Let's not go there. That line of thinking just makes the claimant look pompous (why Killzone got so much flack, even more than the actual flaws.

Ghutto said:
The Last Story = Final Fantasy Killer

.......That'll have to get alot of sales to do so. Though I hope it sells great or atleast gets advertised. Alot

Though I think it could be like final fantasy 1 on the NES. I mean the wii is a nes remake

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

we don't know much about the game so we should not speculate to much about it and saying it will beat this and kill this game, so lets not jump to conclusions. i pray that it does kill or destroy a so called franchise that the creator of lost stroy use to work for. all me know it is an rpg game and that nintendo is publishing the game and mistwalker is developing the game. we do know that mistwalker does do the stroy and music for the games and they out source lot of other parts that makes a game whole; we don't which parts they might outsoruce and to whom. we know that nintendo is involved with them but we don't know how much they are and what parts besides publishing they are putting into the game. we have to wait and see a trailer of the game actual gaming footage of battle sequence, characters, enemies, cities, and airships before we can give a definitive answer if it will destroy this game or kill this games. so to mistwalker stop teasing us already and show us what u got at least a 30 sec trailer of gameplay footage. hopefully they would have fmv in the game.

This is a new IP from Nintendo which has the JRPG mastermind behind the project (Sakaguchi), so i only can say for now that this game would be awesome maybe a masterpiece, but this only the time will tell.... i'm just waiting how the project goes

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.