By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Re-confirmed for E3

nordlead said:
damkira said:
:( I don't really like the wording of the statement.. it says to me that Zelda won't be released this year.

NSMBWii was shown at E3 09 and released November/December 09. I don't see how his statement can make anyone think it will/won't be released in 2010.

Well, Because Ocarina of Time was shown 2 years before it officially launched.  Same with Wind Waker.  Each with very different gameplay footage than the official game had.  And Twilight Princess was even longer with a host of conflicting and ever changing preview videos (including the infamous 2001 Spaceworld demo that had such a massive reaction that it eventually led to the development of Twilight Princess).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
nordlead said:
damkira said:
:( I don't really like the wording of the statement.. it says to me that Zelda won't be released this year.

NSMBWii was shown at E3 09 and released November/December 09. I don't see how his statement can make anyone think it will/won't be released in 2010.

Well, Because Ocarina of Time was shown 2 years before it officially launched.  Same with Wind Waker.  Each with very different gameplay footage than the official game had.  And Twilight Princess was even longer with a host of conflicting and ever changing preview videos (including the infamous 2001 Spaceworld demo that had such a massive reaction that it eventually led to the development of Twilight Princess).

I'm well aware of the history (had a fan site dedicated to OoT myself). It just seems that Nintendo has changed how they handle announcements with Wii/DS. There have already been enough statements from Iwata saying it would be out 2010. Heck, they just announced in their investor relations meeting that there is a brand new pokemon for Nintnedo DS due out in 2010 (probably 2010 in Japan, 2011 in the west)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Which games do Nintendo has as Xmas hits besides Zelda for you to think it won't launch this year?

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
nordlead said:
damkira said:

OOT was first shown almost 3.5 years before it launched.  Wand Waker about 2 years.  Spirit Tracks 9 months.

Y'know, Nintendo has announced a lot recently.
Zelda,Metroid, Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade, Last Story.....

What could they possibly have in store at E3 that they will reveal? There will be more info on the previously mentioned games, but many are booked for 2010 releases.

The only thing left I need to hear from the 3rd party front is a GTA Wii and I'll go nuts.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

What could they possibly have in store at E3 that they will reveal? There will be more info on the previously mentioned games, but many are booked for 2010 releases.

I'd only expect this stuff plus maybe whatever Retro's been doing.

And GTA Wii still wouldn't shock me.  They really should have Leeds make San Andreas Stories...

I have seen this "UK Show" before. I find it hilarious............strangely. I was positive Zelda Wii would be at E3 this year anyway.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Soriku said:
SaviorX said:
Y'know, Nintendo has announced a lot recently.
Zelda,Metroid, Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade, Last Story.....

The only thing left I need to hear from the 3rd party front is a GTA Wii and I'll go nuts.

If Nintendo announced Baten Kaitos 3 (also from Monolith as well as Namco/tri-Crescendo) I would cry. Not at E3 though.

Anyway E3 should be great with those games and third party titles like Epic Mickey, etc.

Oh my...

This year honestly will be the best Wii year, ever. I have said that for 2009 (didn't come true) and 2007 (Smash Brawl was coming, could you blame me?) but this year is ridiculous. Best year ever. I want to play amost every title!

LIST INCOMING:Tatsunoku vs Capcom, No More Heroes 2, Sky Crawlers, Trauma Team, Monster Hunter 3, Zelda Wii, Metroid: Other M, Enclave, Red Steel 2, Arc Rise Fantasia, Galaxy 2,  Xenoblade, Last Story, Shiren the Wanderer, SVR 2011....all bases are covered!

Maybe this year, I can finally....FINALLY convince my brother, the Wii is not what he calls, "The Casual Paperweight". I'll weigh his ass down with some blockbuster titles now!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

jarrod said:
SaviorX said:

I'd only expect this stuff plus maybe whatever Retro's been doing.

And GTA Wii still wouldn't shock me.  They really should have Leeds make San Andreas Stories...

Just with better textures, steady framerate, more effects, and not making the story so full of itself, or using a bunch of "Empire Missions" (Vice City Stories) or hanging out with friends missions (IV) to pad out the game. Sure another SA obviously wouldn't need those, but those people shouldremember that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I think Zelda could come out this year. I mean their last console Zelda was technically a Gamecube title, it was announced like 6 years ago and was released back in 2006. I think 3+ years is plenty of time to make a new console Zelda.