By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 sells 2 million copies in week one

Carl2291 said:
axumblade said:
Carl2291 said:
Great news.

But i wonder, does this mean the PC version actually outsold the 360 version?

The PC version was 2 audiences (Wii and PS3 owners) who were angry about not getting it for their consoles so they joined up with shio to help the PC version outsell the 360 version. :P 

Good point. I forgot about that excuse

Yep, I am one of them.

Around the Network

Well, it did 500k first day in US alone on 360 so this isn't surprising.

Miguel_Zorro said:
It's the highest rates Xbox360 game in almost 3 years. You bet it's going to do well.

If it's as good as they say it is, I hope it makes its way to PS3 eventually.

No need for that off-topic discussion. Especially since we know it never will

Thats quite stunning. A lot more than I thought it would do.

Why are people wondering if it sold more on PC? I think chances of that are pretty slim to none.

I'd be extremely amazed if the PC version outsold the 360 version. Great sales regardless but isn't this a bit premature? Obviously the week isn't over yet. Or are they talking about shipped numbers?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Ι really don't understand where this "PC sold more than 360" estimation comes from.
Really guys.
Look at titles like CoDMW2.
The PC sales are MINIMAL.
Even if we double the CoD percentage on ME2's case (RPG centric audience etc),
it will HARDLY be the HALF of 360 sales.
And, where the hell fits the Wii audience in a Mass Effect discussion?????
The sales are far more than great for a MAJOR HARDCORE game like this....

postofficebuddy said:
I'd be extremely amazed if the PC version outsold the 360 version. Great sales regardless but isn't this a bit premature? Obviously the week isn't over yet. Or are they talking about shipped numbers?

From what  understand the PS3 and 360 version of Dragon Age put up a good fight against the PC version, and that was a true PC RPG. This is a hybrid that is the sequel of a game that was build for the 360 audience. I too doubt the PC version will outsell it, especially since (unlike Dragon Age) the 360 version looks fantastic. I bet most PC gamers wont have a PC that can make it look better then the 360 version.

It will most likely sell about 60-65% on the 360.

Initial pre-order data had ME2 at 500k. I'd expect NA to wind up with ~750-800k for first week. PAL should add about half of that, so approximately 1.1-1.2 million sold on the 360.

I'm unsure how it sold on PC. Dragon Age outsold Mass Effect on Steam, so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
It will most likely sell about 60-65% on the 360.

Initial pre-order data had ME2 at 500k. I'd expect NA to wind up with ~750-800k for first week. PAL should add about half of that, so approximately 1.1-1.2 million sold on the 360.

I'm unsure how it sold on PC. Dragon Age outsold Mass Effect on Steam, so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

This is my estimation too, even if not a little higher.

Either way, TERRIFIC numbers.

Tallgeese101 said:
Thats quite stunning. A lot more than I thought it would do.

Why are people wondering if it sold more on PC? I think chances of that are pretty slim to none.

Probably because VGC has estimated only 1 million for week one sales on the 360 version, and yet it has already topped 2 million overall on both platforms with 1 day left!