By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Coming to PlayStation 3 and PC

Oh, and here's the actual transcript from the conference call where they talk about how the $50M is what directly funded the two episodes...just in case anyone thinks that all the gaming news outlets were just propagating rumors with no facts behind it:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/38017-take-two-f2q07-qtr-end-4-30-07-earnings-call-transcript

Around the Network

Whoa! Wonder if Sony's funding Agent development and if it will be ported to 360 next year.

supercat said:
@ Rob: It was an exclusive at one time, it's not as if rockstar could have forseen the PS3's upsurg in popularity and spending power....

Well, I'm sure rockstar had some Idea PS3 would sell well after the price came down, and that the price would come down - we all did.  And yea it's DLC from a game that came out on other platforms using the same engine... It's not like it costs rockstar much to port it over - the whole engine is already done PS3 and PC side.  Exclusivie DLC is always boughten/paid for - becasue it just makes too much sense to make the DLC multiplat just like the game was.

CGI-Quality said:
I just think these companies should put forth that money into new IPs rather than DLC. I thought this the day I saw Peter Moore on stage in 2006 bragging about this DLC exclusively for the 360. I thought: 'why not a new game instead?

Oh well, I guess PlayStation fans have something to look forward to.

My thoughts exactly. I read somewhere that that $50 was 5x the cost of Gears 1. They had the potential to make 5 blockbusters, but instead just wanted to say "Suck it, Sony". And to think that when some say that Microsoft doesn't TRULY care about games.....people get mad, even though they've been pulling this since the beginning of the generation