By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sideshow Pachter is at it again, folks...

Just when you thought it was safe to browse the internet again, the Pach-man attacks once more with his fiendishly clownish observations.

Note: A Clown

"It appears that piracy in Europe and some substitution of iPod Touch games has impacted DS software sales more than we expected. While we think that the DS is a super gaming platform, the iPod is a more versatile device, and has a 'coolness' factor that is difficult to overcome."

Apple and Pirates are working in tandem to destroy the DS

"The holiday Wii sales boost was primarily attributable to a $50 gift card promotion offered by Wal-Mart. While we expect similar promotions at holiday next year, we expect the other consoles to be lower-priced by then, further eroding the Wii’s competitive price advantage."

So yeah, iPod is aiming its cool beam directly at our DS's and they are not set to stun, and the secret to the Wii's success is gift cards.

Link

Around the Network

Yeah, Wii sales had nothing to do with a game that broke 10 million within 8 weeks. Absolutely nothing.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

im keeping this pic....

Demotruk said:
Yeah, Wii sales had nothing to do with a game that broke 10 million within 8 weeks. Absolutely nothing.

All it means is that game was the most likely use for the gift card.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Well, git cards could help. Not.... THAT much, though.

I just don't listen to Patcher.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Are you seriously arguing that people don't think the iPod is cool and that a $50 reduction (or a free game of your choice if you want to spend it like that) had minimal if any effect on sales? There's definitely some clown talk but I don't think it's coming from Pachter.

Pachter's infamous predictions are still going strong eh?

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Are you seriously arguing that people don't think the iPod is cool and that a $50 reduction (or a free game of your choice if you want to spend it like that) had minimal if any effect on sales? There's definitely some clown talk but I don't think it's coming from Pachter.

There were a number of such offers for consoles over Black Friday and Christmas, they didn't create such meteoric sales as Wii had in December. The ipod/phone games market is really small compared to the DS games market. Honestly a better explanation for DS software sales was that it's in it's fifth year and there wasn't as much compelling software released as there have been in past years.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

No, he's wrong. The Wii's sales this holiday season will be double 2009's because there'll be a Wii HD and clearly "HD" (I use the term loosely, since the SD Twins don't really do HD well at all in the first place) graphics will cause even more people to want Wiis.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,