By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A FULL 4/4 for MAG!!! O_O

I haven't had an issue with using L2 to switch equipment. I have it set up so that the medical kit is the first item, frag grenades are the second, and smoke grenades are the third. It's easy when you've got a layout system you understand and it's consistent across however many layouts you use.

Also, you can tap L2 quickly to get to what you want faster. If I wanted to throw a smoke grenade, I can quickly tap L2 three times and it'll bypass the medical kit and frag grenades.

Interesting review score, but right now I'm only interested in renting it via Gamefly. Still, I'm glad it was positive and not hating on every aspect of the game like many people want to do. It's a decent game, it's a shame that people hate on it because it's not Call of Duty.

Around the Network

I think the reviews that release reviews already show there credibility.. the game is a multiplayer game, you need to reach level 10 to just start into getting into the 256 player matches..

I hear it takes a while to get into this game (sort of how it did with KZ2's online) but once you are into it, its one of the best experiences on the console.

So this is a time were I say reviews aren't so trust worthy for me..

mM

playstationlifestyle.net gave it a 5/5. also so far 8 websites gave it 8's and 2 gave it perfect scores and 1 gave it a 9.also you guys do know ign uk review was mostly influence by the beta right?

leo-j said:
I think the reviews that release reviews already show there credibility.. the game is a multiplayer game, you need to reach level 10 to just start into getting into the 256 player matches..

I hear it takes a while to get into this game (sort of how it did with KZ2's online) but once you are into it, its one of the best experiences on the console.

So this is a time were I say reviews aren't so trust worthy for me..

We'll have to see how things go. Right now (or at least the other day before I took back the copy I was renting from a local store) the Acquisition and Domination game modes don't have a lot of players. Hopefully balance will settle between the factions because prior complaints about the factions haven't changed, especially SVER's maps and current dominance (though the last I played, Raven was holding their own in Acquisition).

It does take a while to get into the game and learn the ropes. It's important that all new players MUST spend the skill points gained from their first 4 levels on unlocking the Medical Kit and then Resuscitation. With it you can keep your allies in the fight as well as earning hundreds of XP in a round. Getting 300-500+xp isn't too difficult depending on the level of fighting and length of the battle (win or lose). Heck, I was playing with Shan the other day and he racked up 1000xp in a Sabotage battle. Being able to level up faster is important especially if you're on Raven because their starter assault rifle, the Hollis A3, is terrible.

Until new players realize this as well as begin to work together more (especially in battles where they're the attacker), they're not going to be that useful. It's quite common to have myself get over 500xp and 20-25 kills while the next best person in my squad has maybe 10 kills and under 100xp.

Kind of an advertisement, but check out the game specific forums for MAG here on VGchartz. I made a thread there called New Player Suggestions.

So can we make threads about scores from unknown pages now ??? Cool!!!!

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:

What about the review from nowgamer?

:P

Though I will agree that I've never heard of the site that did this review.

IllegalPaladin said:
alfredofroylan said:

What about the review from nowgamer?

:P

Though I will agree that I've never heard of the site that did this review.

Wich is not in Metacritics I'm sorry but I think that this site needs a limit to this kind of post before somebody decided to open a single thread for every page, blog or board review on the Internet.