By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

ssj12 said:
leo-j said:
Yep everyone loves kwaad. I used to think he was a mod.

dear god if he was a mod.. this site would have like 10 members lol

And 8 of them would be Hus' puppets

Around the Network

*joke* "Dance my puppets!" */joke*

Kasz216 said:
bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
Quickdraw McGraw said:
Wow, that was one of the worst reviews of any system I've read here.
I won't elaborate (Obviously nothing will change you mind), but in all honesty it was just plain biased, and not worth anyone's time.
You spoke some truth, the lack of HD cables is annoying/as well as short USB, and the PS Store (While not as bad as you make it out to be) does need plenty of work.

Oh, and I'm still confused people are trying to make the Uncharted demo look bad. It's alright for the PS3 to have a great game, seriously. I can see if you didn't enjoy it (Which is personal opinion, and totally understandable), but the complaints you listed were totally insignificant (You didn't like getting shot while in the middle of a melee fight? How's that a fault?).

Well that is a bit of an AI flaw. No one shoots at someone when they're in a Melee fight in real life. You've got about as good a shot as hitting your own guy as you do the guy your aiming at.

Unless, ofcourse those people happen to be pirates that's sole mission is to kill their target. I'm pretty sure they would not care about anyone but themselves and getting paid.

Yeah. Even if your the worst kind of person in the world. You arn't going to risk killing your own ally to take out your mark. It's the easiest way to end up out of even illegal buisnesses like piratry. Most likely by getting a bullet in your head by your remaining allys. Or the guy you almost shot if you actually got your mark.

No one wants to work with someone like that. Even the scum of the planet.

No one, unless it's a pirate that's just in it for more money.

Twestern didn't answered my question X_X.

twesterm said:
outlawauron said:
Downloading demos, you don't need to scroll through anything. Just click on download demo. That simple. It does NOT make you scroll through any agreements.

IN the Uncharted demo, the only way the message goes away is if you press "x". You made the message go away. Thats your fault.

Did try the online out in Motorstorm?

When going through the PSN store, the buttons to exit, go to the prev page, and next page are at the bottom of the screen.  In order to get to the bottom of the screen you have to go through a box of text that scrolls.  That's what I'm talking about in the scrolling.  It's a pain in the ass and just bad.

As for saying that the message part in Uncharted is my fault, that's bullshit.  I climb up a cliff, get a message, and then immediatly start getting shot without any kind of warning.  What do you think I'm going to do?  I'm going to start pressing buttons because I have no clue what's going on.  That little encounter was just terribly placed and it's not my fault that whoever made that little piece didn't understand that concept of flow.

And I haven't tried online for Motorstorm yet, I'll try it eventually, I'm just not a huge online gamer (one reason I don't care about Warhawk). 

If you want to go to the previous page, just press L1. If you want to go forward a page, press R1.

Well, the tutorial messages only go away if the player presses "X". Sorry the message poped at a bad time?

Oh, well have picked up (or at least thought) Ratchet or Folklore. I have Ratchet and Im waiting til Christmas to get Folklore.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
Quickdraw McGraw said:
I won't elaborate (Obviously nothing will change you mind), but in all honesty it was just plain biased, and not worth anyone's time.
You spoke some truth, the lack of HD cables is annoying/as well as short USB, and the PS Store (While not as bad as you make it out to be) does need plenty of work.

Oh, and I'm still confused people are trying to make the Uncharted demo look bad. It's alright for the PS3 to have a great game, seriously. I can see if you didn't enjoy it (Which is personal opinion, and totally understandable), but the complaints you listed were totally insignificant (You didn't like getting shot while in the middle of a melee fight? How's that a fault?).

Well that is a bit of an AI flaw. No one shoots at someone when they're in a Melee fight in real life. You've got about as good a shot as hitting your own guy as you do the guy your aiming at.

Unless, ofcourse those people happen to be pirates that's sole mission is to kill their target. I'm pretty sure they would not care about anyone but themselves and getting paid.

Yeah. Even if your the worst kind of person in the world. You arn't going to risk killing your own ally to take out your mark. It's the easiest way to end up out of even illegal buisnesses like piratry. Most likely by getting a bullet in your head by your remaining allys. Or the guy you almost shot if you actually got your mark.

No. Not even a pirate just in it for the money would do that. 

Because then they would just end up killed by any remaining allies, if not by the ally he was shooting at in the first place.  Anyone who shoots into a melee combat with someone who's on the same side as them are going to find a bullet in their skull soon after.  Hence why even the worst of the worst would never do that. 

@Sqrl 

Man, let someone who hates the Wii and review the Wii and see if they can survive the onslaught of abuse. Face it, on this site it's ok to put down the ps3, but not the Wii.  Wii fans are like - oh well be nice it's his opinion. Unfortunately, if it was the Wii getting scrutinized then the Sony fan would be flamed and banned somehow?

If you going to review a console - then do it objectively not in a manner that pulls down the console.  Making a review like this means you have to be ready for criticisms. It doesn't mean you have to love the consol, but you can weight the pros and cons.  This review was a blatant put down, from someone who is known as a ps3 hater. I read all the post that relate to the ps3 and he is there to criticize.  

Man I hate the thought of the Wii and have tried it and I can acknowledge that it has some fine points as does the 360.  I prefer the ps3. Overall, this site might as well be known as a Wii site, because that is the one console you can have on a pedestal. 

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:

@Sqrl

Man, let someone who hates the Wii and review the Wii and see if they can survive the onslaught of abuse. Face it, on this site it's ok to put down the ps3, but not the Wii. Wii fans are like - oh well be nice it's his opinion. Unfortunately, if it was the Wii getting scrutinized then the Sony fan would be flamed and banned somehow?

If you going to review a console - then do it objectively not in a manner that pulls down the console. Making a review like this means you have to be ready for criticisms. It doesn't mean you have to love the consol, but you can weight the pros and cons. This review was a blatant put down, from someone who is known as a ps3 hater. I read all the post that relate to the ps3 and he is there to criticize.

Man I hate the thought of the Wii and have tried it and I can acknowledge that it has some fine points as does the 360. I prefer the ps3. Overall, this site might as well be known as a Wii site, because that is the one console you can have on a pedestal.

Thank you.

That was honestly quite refreshing. 

finalsquall said:

@Sqrl 

Man, let someone who hates the Wii and review the Wii and see if they can survive the onslaught of abuse. Face it, on this site it's ok to put down the ps3, but not the Wii.  Wii fans are like - oh well be nice it's his opinion. Unfortunately, if it was the Wii getting scrutinized then the Sony fan would be flamed and banned somehow?

If you going to review a console - then do it objectively not in a manner that pulls down the console.  Making a review like this means you have to be ready for criticisms. It doesn't mean you have to love the consol, but you can weight the pros and cons.  This review was a blatant put down, from someone who is known as a ps3 hater. I read all the post that relate to the ps3 and he is there to criticize.  

Man I hate the thought of the Wii and have tried it and I can acknowledge that it has some fine points as does the 360.  I prefer the ps3. Overall, this site might as well be known as a Wii site, because that is the one console you can have on a pedestal. 

I have yet to see any evidence of valid criticism against the Wii being put down and flamed. I have seen people defending the Wii against invalid criticism, but in general I see more Sony fans complaining about what happens when you critisize the Wii than actual bannage/trolling from it.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Kasz216 said:
bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
Quickdraw McGraw said:

No. Not even a pirate just in it for the money would do that.

Because then they would just end up killed by any remaining allies, if not by the ally he was shooting at in the first place. Anyone who shoots into a melee combat with someone who's on the same side as them are going to find a bullet in their skull soon after. Hence why even the worst of the worst would never do that.

Yeah.... go rent a documentary about modern pirates and you'll be see. Pirates are nothing more than mercenaries and usually the less people alive after a "job" the more money to go around. Some pirates in foreign countries kidnap children of poor families for money so some sickos can use the children as slaves and prostitutes. There are also times where pirates resort to cannibalism when they are in a tough spot.... yes that's right, they eat their so called "allies" when they get hungry. Modern pirates these days are not the same pirates as the ones in movies like "pirates of the caribbean" where you have them singing and doing chores on a boat. Modern pirates (the ones displayed in Uncharted) are more often compared to mercenaries and terrorist, which would go to the lengths of killing each other if it meant the "reward" was on the line.