By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

Kasz216 said:
You do know it's possible to like FPS and not like Resistance right? It's also possible to like FPS and not like Halo. Or... Metroid Prime 3? Or even Golden Eye.

That's another thing i'm get sick of on this site. For some reason if you don't like "so and so exclusive game" on whatever system you apparently can't like that genre or are just full of bitter hate for the system it's on.

As opposed to just not liking it do to say... personal preference.

QFT

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
SlorgNet said:
twesterm said:

So I come back and finally finish the fight. At this point I’m bored out of my mind and give a sigh of boredom when I see three more enemies burst open a door and then something surprised me—the demo ended.

I have also have Ratchet & Clank and I played a little bit of it but not enough that I want to form an opinion on it yet.

I’ve played Resistance and I hate the game so there’s no need to try that.

1. I notice you're rating games and an entire console purely on the basis of the demos you've played. Or more precisely, three demos. That's about as fair as judging a book on its title page.

2. "Resistance" is a fine game, well-designed and with a gripping storyline, but if you don't like FPS games, that's a separate issue.

3. The PSN interface and XMB are fine - fairly easy to navigate, and there are lots of free videos and demos available (DMC, MGS, etc.). You can use R1 and L1 to jump forwards or back, or use the left stick to click on the onscreen buttons. Simple and painless.

4. "Ratchet and Clank" -- the game, not the demo -- is an action-platformer blast, and also very, very funny.

5. If you have an HDTV, rent a BluRay title and check out the visuals. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Woah not a random fanboy raving? Its a miracle!

Good on you for making a constructive post which actually has coherant points in it.

@Montana. Nice to see some quality modding going on, as a mod you actually aren't meant to flamebait you know. 

jman8 said:
Kasz216 said:
Also... I find it funny that people are tearting Twesterm apart for basically saying "I don't like the fact it doesn't come with HD cables or the menus system, but I like a couple of the games, and dislike a couple other games."

Seems a bit fanboyish to over react this much... then again, what should I expect. Seems like you can't reasonably complain about a system or game without a few fanboys trolling you to all hell.

I'll try and see how it works.

Final Fantasy 12 kinda sucks, it's a MMORPG without the MMO, the Story is combination of Star Wars and Tactics Ogre, right down to their being characters that look exactly like Lans Tartae and Lans Hamilton... and they have the same exact place in the plot... The Pirate modifing a star wars quote atleast once "That airship enough for you, boy" also, the first place you fly to in the airship could only be Cloud City more if the Magistrate was played by Billy Dee Williams.

Also it's actually also known as "The Cloud City". Also the cutscenes were pointless, as their was nearly no graphical improvements aside from the hair... and who cares about hair?

(Ok so maybe this will go without being flamed... since noone likes FF12 really. It's still my favorite FF since 6 though. Though i haven't tried 9.)

Maybe because the OP wasn't reasonable. It was basically a long tirade about not having $15 cables included in the box, a poorly timed hint in Uncharted Demo that doesn't indicate anything about the final game, scrolling in the PSN sucks (even though you do not have to scroll at all!) and how a 15 min. demo of Heavenly Sword was just about button mashing. And as a result, he gives the impression that the PS3 is crap based on mostly inconsequential or non-existent issues. The only issue that he mentions that is worrisome is the bit on Heavenly Sword being just a button masher. Problem is, the actual game is quite a bit deeper than that. The combat gets more interesting, the Sixaxis shooting portions were a riot, and the way the story was presented was very impressive and just downright cool. 

His review is plain worthless. He doesn't even review a game that he's actually played through. He just talks about demos. How is that a reasonable review of a GAME system? 

He gave the packaging a negative review.  Not the system as a whole as far as the Cables went.  He never gave an end review for just the score.  The cable thing was just related to only the packaging and how he thought an HD Console should come with HD cables.  Therefore it had no emphasis on the final score... since their wasn't one.

Also he gave negative reviews to PSN to his expierence and the XMB.

A reasonable response would be "Hey their is an easier way to navigate the PSN" and not "OMG YOUR FILLED WITH HATE GO TO HELL!"

Also, as for reviewing demos... i've seen many people review demos.  See the Uncharded Demo is up thread for one place.  Just because these reviews arn't as positive you've got a problem with them.  Despite the fact he was just posting first impressions... and mentioned that he still planned on getting Uncharted.

All and all other then the rant on cables i'd say his PS3 review was pretty positive as he enjoyed a couple of the games and plans to get a few more.  While he's not happy now it seems apparent he'll be very happy with the PS3 down the line.

Most likely when he gets enough good games that = the amount of money the system costs, as that seems to be how he operates.  Which to me seems very reasonable.

The real truth is... "First impression good" Hooray nothing but postives... well and the occasional bash from a hater.  "First impressions bad" get the hell bashed out of you for no good reason.  If his thing boiled down to "I had the PS3 for 2 hours, so far it's awesome the demos are great, nobody would be saying "Oh but you haven't put enough time in it or played it enough to know if stuff is going to get old" everyone would just be positive about everything.  You wouldn't bash him for the same reasons you are bashing him now... despite the fact that basically the same issues would exist.

Seems like MontanaHatchet is the new ckmlb... if he isn't trolling he isn't posting at all.

Anyway, i don't know why its so surprising that someone didn't like the ps3, as far as i know plenty of people don't like the system : thats why it has so poor sales.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
Seems like MontanaHatchet is the new ckmlb... if he isn't trolling he isn't posting at all.

Anyway, i don't know why its so surprising that someone didn't like the ps3, as far as i know plenty of people don't like the system : thats why it has so poor sales.

shockingly you cant say the same for me =P

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
carlos710 said:

I can understand not liking it enough to buy it, but hating damn near every detail of it?

Also, Twestern has had a deep dislike for the ps3 for quite some time, and this dislike has been prevalent throughout his posting history, yet according to this thread, he never really had any hands on experience with the machine or its games until today. If that doesn't scream "BIAS!" I don't know what does.

It seems as if he was predisposed towards not liking the system.

ssj12 said:
carlos710 said:

shockingly you cant say the same for me =P

You suprised me actually, I thought you would be a pretty bad mod to be honest, but your pretty damned good.

carlos710 said:

Nah, you can't say that at all. You could say that if you know for a fact a lot of PS3's have been traded in. The best you an say because of poor sales is that a bunch of people "think" they won't like the PS3 and even then they just might not be buying it because of other outside factors.

Also, even if they think that, there is a good chance they could be wrong.

I mean look at me.  I like the PS3, Yet haven't bougjt one.  Only because I have too many games to play and that I want to buy already.

Only thing I don't like about the PS3 is the controller.  Well i'm not fond of the XMB either.  Or Motorstorm.  But I mean if i didn't dislike a couple games on the system that would only mean the system doesn't have enough games.

makingmusic476 said:
carlos710 said:

I can understand not liking it enough to buy it, but hating damn near every detail of it?

Perhaps when people pays $500 or $600 for a console they expect a lot, i know that i would...

If games like COD 4 or heavenly sword were much better than Zelda TP or Metroid Prime 3 i would gladly pay $500 for a ps3... but imo they are not, at least not worth 2x more than a Wii, and actually i like more MP3 than COD 4 and comes on a much cheaper system

If i were reviewing a Ps3 i also would take away a lot of points because i would expect nothing but perfection on a $500 console and its games.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
makingmusic476 said:
carlos710 said:

Perhaps when people pays $500 or $600 for a console they expect a lot, i know that i would...

If games like COD 4 or heavenly sword were much better than Zelda TP or Metroid Prime 3 i would gladly pay $500 for a ps3... but imo they are not, at least not worth 2x more than a Wii, and actually i like more MP3 than COD 4 and comes on a much cheaper system

If i were reviewing a Ps3 i also would take away a lot of points because i would expect nothing but perfection on a $500 console and its games.

The ps3 doesn't cost $5-600 anymore.  He didn't pay even pay $500 for the system. He traded in a bunch of DVDs for $450 in credit. Btw, I added more to my previous post.